Page 1 of 2
Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:04 pm
by warspite1
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:23 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Damn shame. Only 56 years old.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:29 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Damn shame. Only 56 years old.
warspite1
Indeed....
Furthermore, it is an important event in British history. There was a Flashheart at the court of Elizabeth I, a Flashheart at Waterloo and indeed, a member of this illustrious family fought with the RFC in WWI.
RIP RIK MAYALL - thanks for the laughs - and there were a lot of them [:)]
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:42 pm
by VPaulus
RIP [:(]
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:20 pm
by warspite1
...and another gem [:)]
"I've an idea, and it's as hot as my pants!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKfbSHW9uGA
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:53 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Like the man said,
SO LONG, LOSERS! IF YOU'RE EVER TIRED OF LIFE, GIVE ME A CALL, AND I'LL COME ROUND AND KILL YOU! WOOF!
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:20 am
by catwhoorg
Indeed
Left us far too young, but he hasn't been a well man since the quad bike accident.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:40 am
by DuckofTindalos
Yeah. 16 years ago, but it could still be what ended up killing him.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:49 am
by Cataphract88

Very sad - Rik Mayall RIP. Thanks for all the laughs.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:07 pm
by rodney727
This is sad. I'm really starting to like British humor. I think the office and peep show are hilarious! Sad how the fine folk of the UK didn't keep peep show going. It is hugely popular in America!
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:44 pm
by Cataphract88
Hi Rogo727,
Peep Show is still going, the gaps between series just kept on getting longer. They are due to make one more series then that is that, although there is some talk of a possible film.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:52 pm
by rodney727
I read that only season 7 will be produced if this is true it's good news. To be honest when my British friend told me about this show I didn't think I would like it. But after the very first episode I was hooked. Are there any more shows like this in the UK I can find on netflix?
ORIGINAL: cataphract88
Hi Rogo727,
Peep Show is still going, the gaps between series just kept on getting longer. They are due to make one more series then that is that, although there is some talk of a possible film.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:09 pm
by ezzler
try the inbetweeners
or
spaced with simon Pegg.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:43 pm
by Qwixt
I like IT Crowd. Checking out Peep Show later.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:58 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: rogo727
I read that only season 7 will be produced if this is true it's good news. To be honest when my British friend told me about this show I didn't think I would like it. But after the very first episode I was hooked. Are there any more shows like this in the UK I can find on netflix?
ORIGINAL: cataphract88
Hi Rogo727,
Peep Show is still going, the gaps between series just kept on getting longer. They are due to make one more series then that is that, although there is some talk of a possible film.
warspite1
I would recommend The Fast Show. This sketch show was big in the late 90's and had a superb cast.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:58 am
by Cataphract88
ORIGINAL: rogo727
I read that only season 7 will be produced if this is true it's good news. To be honest when my British friend told me about this show I didn't think I would like it. But after the very first episode I was hooked. Are there any more shows like this in the UK I can find on netflix?
ORIGINAL: cataphract88
Hi Rogo727,
Peep Show is still going, the gaps between series just kept on getting longer. They are due to make one more series then that is that, although there is some talk of a possible film.
The latest was series 8, so the final one will be the 9th. As for other British comedy, I would have to go along with the suggestions here for the IT Crowd and Fast Show (both brilliant). I would also suggest Father Ted, or if you like comedy with a dark edge The League of Gentlemen, but I don't know how many of these are shown on netflix.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:06 am
by warspite1
Like a lot of shows there are peaks and troughs so I would recommend these:
Fast Show Series 2 and 3
Men Behaving Badly Series 3, 4 and 5
Blackadder 2, 3 and 4
The Day Today one series
I'm Alan Partridge Series 1
Knowing me, Knowing You one series
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 am
by rodney727
Thank you! I will check them out.
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:59 am
by sterckxe
ORIGINAL: warspite1
RIP RIK MAYALL - thanks for the laughs - and there were a lot of them [:)]
That sociology student he played in The Young Ones was spot on - I was in college at the time and knew guys like that !
He created those characters and would have another hit with "Bottom" together with his IRL buddy Adrian Edmondson (Vyvyan)
Good memories - RIP
RE: Lord Flashheart Dead!
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:07 pm
by Southernland
People seem to have forgotton his character of Allan B'stard in the new statesman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAiI9z7X2_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVltOSC0JMQ
Right on!