Page 1 of 1

Off to Origins 2014!

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:34 pm
by CapnDarwin
Rob and I will be at Origins this week showing off the game in a few Staff exercises, a learn to play and a Q&A session as part of Groghead's Central Command at the show. The bad news is we are still working out a few new bugs related to VCR replay that are not being over friendly about being fixed. We will be working on code in the evenings and discussing the roadmap/replan of 2.1 once we kick 2.04 out the door. If you are going to the show, please look us up and say hi. Have a good week!


RE: Off to Origins 2014!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:13 am
by WABAC
ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

We will be working on code in the evenings and discussing the roadmap/replan of 2.1 once we kick 2.04 out the door.

Coding in the evenings at a convention. [8D]

I plan on bugging you about some of my lingering questions once 2.04 is out the door. [:'(]

Have fun. Sell lots of games.

RE: Off to Origins 2014!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:02 am
by CapnDarwin
Wabac, shoot me an email with your questions.

RE: Off to Origins 2014!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:40 pm
by WABAC
Hello Cap'n. Thanks. I'll shoot you a PM when I get a breather myself. I have been dragged back into IT against my will.


RE: Off to Origins 2014!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:46 pm
by Jenska
"We will be working on code in the evenings" [&:]
I can sympathize with that; at least you have an almost complete product.[:)]
My team once took a the concept for a partially implemented computer hardware product to a user conference and ended up spending the next 3 nights with some prospects completely re-designing it. Good outcome, but a tough week.

RE: Off to Origins 2014!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:16 pm
by CapnDarwin
Jenska, As you well know "the code" is never done. You always find little things to do better, to work faster, and to look sharper. While the FPC game engine is good and does a number of things well, there are always little bugs, new features, and more cool things to do with the game. The trick is getting enough done to provide the players with a great gaming experience. Events like Origins give us a chance to sit with players and really get a chance to play ourselves. It may sound strange, but Rob and I rarely get the time to sit down and just play the game. So having a couple sessions at Origins and being able to soak in all of the gameplay from not only ourselves, but those working the Staff exercise was awesome.

RE: Off to Origins 2014!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:36 pm
by Jenska
Yep, that IS the trouble with software. You can always change something. I've only "found" FPC in March, but love it. Any flaws are usually above my level of competence, and I'm thrilled that you guys can actually IMPROVE it. Looking forward to 2.04 and later. [:)]