Page 1 of 1

noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:01 pm
by ekiller
Hello all,
I am new to the game - sorry for my ignorance.

The problem is after fights the assault pods in fighters (in a fleet) are not getting filled even waiting for years :). How to bring them to the full strength? I have tried repairing but did not work.

Thanks.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:28 pm
by DeadlyShoe
They should come up to strength automatically after a short period of time. I can't think why they wouldn't.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:37 pm
by ekiller
Is there any restrictions like they has to be inside your border or near the base location or something?

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:16 pm
by ekiller
This is what I am talking about. During this time frame the ships were stationary at the base - still their boarding strength did not improve in 19 months! Is this a bug?

Image

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:25 pm
by Bebop Cola
There has been a bug since assault pods were introduced where they are occasionally not reset for a ship.

Typically this can be seen when the assault pods are launched, but don't make it to the target before it is either destroyed or it jumps away. Usually, the pods can be seen sitting in space near where the attacking ship launched them.

In my experience, there is no way to restore the pods to a ship experiencing this bug. I usually end up retiring the ship as soon as I have a replacement.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:27 pm
by Foxxy211
Do you have enough reactor power. I believe assault pods use energy, so if your short on energy that may be why they are not filling all the way up.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:43 pm
by ekiller
There has been a bug since assault pods were introduced where they are occasionally not reset for a ship.

Typically this can be seen when the assault pods are launched, but don't make it to the target before it is either destroyed or it jumps away. Usually, the pods can be seen sitting in space near where the attacking ship launched them.

In my experience, there is no way to restore the pods to a ship experiencing this bug. I usually end up retiring the ship as soon as I have a replacement.

This seems to be the case. Unfortunately I do not know where I lost them so cannot go back and see if they are still there :). Seems like a nasty bug to me - I will need to be care to not send too powerful fleet.

Do you have enough reactor power. I believe assault pods use energy, so if your short on energy that may be why they are not filling all the way up.

I guess there is enough energy. E.g., in one case I have access energy of 269 against weapon energy/sec of 194 and shield rate of 3.5. In this case the ship has only 1/3 pods refilled. Am I missing something?

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:33 pm
by pycco
you have to refuel at a owned colony for them to restock in my experience.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:20 pm
by ekiller
I did some experiments. I depleted the remaining (12/20) boarding capacity in a battle to 0/20. They got regenerated to (12/20) within 5-10 days while I was still in the enemy territory. But I could not get back the remaining 8 that I lost earlier. So it is now almost confirm that this is due the bug referred by Bebop Cola. It seems there is no way to get back the full strength.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:35 pm
by ldog
Verified that the ships are undamaged? Just to be sure, although I suspect if the pod was damaged the shown total capacity would be reduced.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:48 am
by ekiller
No, all the crafts are fully healthy. This is not happening to just one but most of the crafts in two fleets.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:00 pm
by ldog
ORIGINAL: ekiller

No, all the crafts are fully healthy. This is not happening to just one but most of the crafts in two fleets.

Yeah sounds like a bug for sure. I haven't noticed it myself, but then I use pods mostly for defensive purposes, so like with a lot of the bugs in this game, you don't realize it's happening to you as well until someone points it out and you go look for it.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:09 pm
by ekiller
Yeah I also initially used them only in defensive fleets. But later started adding about 3 of them to most of the ships in attack fleets too; since server dual purpose of boarding prevention along with boarding attack. Now my ships are less defended :(.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:18 pm
by ldog
ORIGINAL: ekiller

Yeah I also initially used them only in defensive fleets. But later started adding about 3 of them to most of the ships in attack fleets too; since server dual purpose of boarding prevention along with boarding attack. Now my ships are less defended :(.

You should put a saved game up in the tech support forum so they can look at it.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:46 pm
by AnddyiRaynor
Try a retrofit by taking one assault pod off of the design then retrofit, and add the one you took off back onto it in the next one. They should retrofit quickly both times as they won't need to build anything. It's still a bug though, it's just cheaper than retiring them since you don't get resources back for that. Well you might if you do it at the base but it'd be worth it to test if this is a temporary fix.

RE: noob Q: how to bring assault pods to full strength?

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:27 pm
by ekiller
You should put a saved game up in the tech support forum so they can look at it.
thinking of doing it tmr.
Try a retrofit by taking one assault pod off of the design then retrofit, and add the one you took off back onto it in the next one. They should retrofit quickly both times as they won't need to build anything. It's still a bug though, it's just cheaper than retiring them since you don't get resources back for that. Well you might if you do it at the base but it'd be worth it to test if this is a temporary fix.
Yes, I too thought of it but looked cumbersome since I have at least four such different ship types - I think. That would be eight redesigns after each battle. Too time consuming and boring. Will play tmr and see what can be done.