Page 1 of 1
Passenger Ship Cargo Bay
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:28 pm
by Fleshbits
Why do Passenger ships need a cargo bay?
RE: Passenger Ship Cargo Bay
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:40 pm
by Osito
Seriously, you really have to ask?
These ships are laden with booze and space-burgers, and they take up space. There's also the question of what to do with the booze and burgers after it's been subjected to the trials and tribulations of the alimentary canal (at least for those species that have one). You're not allowed to just pump it out into space, you know. There are environmental concerns to be considered.
Anyway, I guess it can be justified ...
RE: Passenger Ship Cargo Bay
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:46 pm
by Fleshbits
So in min maxing terms, one cargo bay will do?
RE: Passenger Ship Cargo Bay
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:59 pm
by Osito
As far as I know, yes, but I'd like to think that your population would be happier if you add extra bays. (I don't think that happens, though.)
RE: Passenger Ship Cargo Bay
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:06 pm
by Fleshbits
I'm all for feeding them spaceburgers and handling their refuse properly, but We need every dollar to squish the invading space bugs.
RE: Passenger Ship Cargo Bay
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:14 pm
by Spacecadet
I'm not seeing a Cargo Bay in the Passenger ship design.
Passenger Compartments, yes, but no Cargo Bays.
There's not really a need for them.
Do they have any resources in them?
This might be an interesting thing to test out, could augment your Freighters a bit, though I would think you'd want to keep them separate.
RE: Passenger Ship Cargo Bay
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:42 pm
by Osito
ORIGINAL: Spacecadet
I'm not seeing a Cargo Bay in the Passenger ship design.
Yeah, I took it as read that one was actually needed, as I couldn't remember the position for sure, and didn't have access to the game. You're right, a cargo bay isn't needed. Only a passenger bay is needed. Still, I thought I made a pretty good case for the inclusion of cargo bays. I don't think I'd take an interstellar flight without one.
Osito
RE: Passenger Ship Cargo Bay
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:09 pm
by Fleshbits
Oh! My bad. It said it required a cargo bay and I was like, "wuh?"
However, it ends up that was the result of copying to new design from a freighter and forgetting to flip the drop down. This happens when you've just battled Shakuri for 15 hours straight...