Components
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:23 pm
Hey there,
I've got quite a few questions regarding components and appreciate any tips & tricks told. As I'm going to put all questions together this post is going to be a long one.
ARM - Armor
Considerung amounts from 10 (private and non-combat-ships) to 5-10% for other ships and 15-20% for bases (20% for the defensive base, maybe even star base).
CMP - Commerce Center
Most likely inevitable on Space Ports, Mining Stations (guess they're selling to neutral merchants etc.) and Star Bases. Essential for Resort Bases. What else could need these? And does the bonus stack, further increasing income and if so, is it capped?
CMP - Targetting System
Must-have on anything with weapons, might be less useful on pure carriers without weapons, though Fleet Targetting System should still be more than useful on those (especially if it's a flagship). ONLY ONE COMPONENT USEFUL. I think TS & FTS stack with each other?
CMP - Countermeasures System
Probably good for anything to prevent getting blown up. Used to build these in anything (ships, bases). Fleet Countermeasures also good for flagships / carriers. ONLY ONE COMPONENT USEFUL. I think CMS & FCMS stack with each other?
CST - Repair Bots
I've heard any bot beyond the first won't supply any bonuses, though using at least twice provides redundancy, repairing each other in case one being destroyed. Is this correct?
CST - Construction Yard
Does more than one CY make sense on a construction ship? I'm not sure if both can construct one base at the same time possibly adding up their construction speed. Because they are somewhat heavy I'd consider building Construction Ships with more than one not before mid-game.
CST - Damage Control Unit
Must-have for warships, maybe to expensive to use them in everything, can't remember the cost right now. Guess more than one's useless (except for redundancy).
ECL - Energy To Fuel Converter
Pretty heavy, so might only be useful on bases. Though I remember having read that a single Gas Mining Station easily provides more fuel in the same time.
ECL - Energy Collector
Must-have on anything, right? Prevents fuel usage while not travelling. Could also power complete bases, only mounting one reactor to be able to save the design. Though more than inefficient and expensive on bases with excessive energy usage. Do you suffer any disadvantages of you use ECs for a base, having a negative static energy coverage?
EXT - Mining Engine & Gas Extractor
According to a thread (can't post links yet, thread id: 3634839) the Gas Extractor gathers three times the resources of a Mining Engine. But due to everything usually needing fuel this is kind of necessary.
How much of these do you use on your Mining Ships and Stations (I'm using 1 & 3 respectively)?
EXT - Luxury Resource Extractor
I'm using equal amounts of these and MEs & GEs. I was once thinking about building a separate base focused on Luxury Resources and sparing these parts on the (Gas) Mining Stations and vice versa. But I fear this could increase maintenance costs beyond any additional income.
HAB - Colonization Module
Pretty heavy, just one question: Anyone using more than once on a single ship of these?
HAB - Medical Center
Must-have in Space Ports. As I use to build a SP on every colony any other bases on a colony equipped with this wouldn't provide an additional bonus, right? Do these make sense on military ships without Troop Compartments? According to the help they allow onboard troops regenerating faster, so they should also be useful on Troop Transporters. Do multiple MCs make sense?
HAB - Recreation Center
Also a must-have in Space Ports. Same question as above. And do they provide anything useful installed on ships or other bases? ONLY ONE COMPONENT USEFUL.
HDR - HyperDeny
Those need to be handled with care. They prevent any ship jumping, even your own. One of the later technologies (don't know from memory which one) doesn't have this disadvantage any more. I was considering using them on my more important bases/stations. Guess you only need one of these.
MNF - Plants
I've seen them in increasing numbers on the Space Ports. How much of these do you need to support a steady construction speed?
SEN - Stealth Cloak
Haven't played long enough to have this researched. Probably good for hiding Monitoring Stations in deep space, though I believe that freighters delivering material of any kind render it useless if not stealthed themselves. Also a component that doesn't seem to be needed in numbers beyond one.
SEN - Long Range Scanner
Probably worth installing them on exploration ships later on. Haven't used Monitoring Stations yet, but I'd think one of these on Space Ports and Star Bases should do the trick. One should be enough, right?
SEN - Proximity Array
Always use them on warships and Exploration Ships. If these don't provide any bonus when used on multiple ships I would go on and install them in flagships and bases only. And how exactly does that percentage on hyperjump tracking work? Do you need more than one on a single ship?
SEN - Scanner Jammer & Trace Scanner
How useful are these? Just one of these or more on a single ship?
SHD - Shields
I use 1/10 of shields compared to armor (rounded down if need), making them equal in weight. So a ship with 30 armor components would have 3 shields. They're pretty much some extra protection if they're not up against weapons bypassing them. Due to this fact I've been thinking about reducing shields by maybe 50%.
STR - Cargo Bays
I can't see any reason to install them on anything else than Space Ports, Freighters, Construction Ships and (Gas) Mining Stations. If you got fuel in a cargo bay and your fuel cells are empty, is the fuel transferred to the fuel cells - assumed the fuel type is the same?
STR - Troop & Passenger Compartments
How much of these are good to have on the according ship types? How much Passenger Compartments are good to have on Resort Bases?
WGR - Tractor Beams
Just a simple question: Pulling or pushing enemies most likely depends on the combat settings, if the ship is trying to standoff it'll push them away and otherwise pulling them, is this correct?
WPD - Point Defense Weapons
How many of these are needed to keep the fighters of a single bay busy?
Guess that's it. Thanks to anyone reading it completely and thanks again if taking the time to answer. I really hope the answers to these questions will help more newbie players
Verjigorm
I've got quite a few questions regarding components and appreciate any tips & tricks told. As I'm going to put all questions together this post is going to be a long one.
ARM - Armor
Considerung amounts from 10 (private and non-combat-ships) to 5-10% for other ships and 15-20% for bases (20% for the defensive base, maybe even star base).
CMP - Commerce Center
Most likely inevitable on Space Ports, Mining Stations (guess they're selling to neutral merchants etc.) and Star Bases. Essential for Resort Bases. What else could need these? And does the bonus stack, further increasing income and if so, is it capped?
CMP - Targetting System
Must-have on anything with weapons, might be less useful on pure carriers without weapons, though Fleet Targetting System should still be more than useful on those (especially if it's a flagship). ONLY ONE COMPONENT USEFUL. I think TS & FTS stack with each other?
CMP - Countermeasures System
Probably good for anything to prevent getting blown up. Used to build these in anything (ships, bases). Fleet Countermeasures also good for flagships / carriers. ONLY ONE COMPONENT USEFUL. I think CMS & FCMS stack with each other?
CST - Repair Bots
I've heard any bot beyond the first won't supply any bonuses, though using at least twice provides redundancy, repairing each other in case one being destroyed. Is this correct?
CST - Construction Yard
Does more than one CY make sense on a construction ship? I'm not sure if both can construct one base at the same time possibly adding up their construction speed. Because they are somewhat heavy I'd consider building Construction Ships with more than one not before mid-game.
CST - Damage Control Unit
Must-have for warships, maybe to expensive to use them in everything, can't remember the cost right now. Guess more than one's useless (except for redundancy).
ECL - Energy To Fuel Converter
Pretty heavy, so might only be useful on bases. Though I remember having read that a single Gas Mining Station easily provides more fuel in the same time.
ECL - Energy Collector
Must-have on anything, right? Prevents fuel usage while not travelling. Could also power complete bases, only mounting one reactor to be able to save the design. Though more than inefficient and expensive on bases with excessive energy usage. Do you suffer any disadvantages of you use ECs for a base, having a negative static energy coverage?
EXT - Mining Engine & Gas Extractor
According to a thread (can't post links yet, thread id: 3634839) the Gas Extractor gathers three times the resources of a Mining Engine. But due to everything usually needing fuel this is kind of necessary.
How much of these do you use on your Mining Ships and Stations (I'm using 1 & 3 respectively)?
EXT - Luxury Resource Extractor
I'm using equal amounts of these and MEs & GEs. I was once thinking about building a separate base focused on Luxury Resources and sparing these parts on the (Gas) Mining Stations and vice versa. But I fear this could increase maintenance costs beyond any additional income.
HAB - Colonization Module
Pretty heavy, just one question: Anyone using more than once on a single ship of these?
HAB - Medical Center
Must-have in Space Ports. As I use to build a SP on every colony any other bases on a colony equipped with this wouldn't provide an additional bonus, right? Do these make sense on military ships without Troop Compartments? According to the help they allow onboard troops regenerating faster, so they should also be useful on Troop Transporters. Do multiple MCs make sense?
HAB - Recreation Center
Also a must-have in Space Ports. Same question as above. And do they provide anything useful installed on ships or other bases? ONLY ONE COMPONENT USEFUL.
HDR - HyperDeny
Those need to be handled with care. They prevent any ship jumping, even your own. One of the later technologies (don't know from memory which one) doesn't have this disadvantage any more. I was considering using them on my more important bases/stations. Guess you only need one of these.
MNF - Plants
I've seen them in increasing numbers on the Space Ports. How much of these do you need to support a steady construction speed?
SEN - Stealth Cloak
Haven't played long enough to have this researched. Probably good for hiding Monitoring Stations in deep space, though I believe that freighters delivering material of any kind render it useless if not stealthed themselves. Also a component that doesn't seem to be needed in numbers beyond one.
SEN - Long Range Scanner
Probably worth installing them on exploration ships later on. Haven't used Monitoring Stations yet, but I'd think one of these on Space Ports and Star Bases should do the trick. One should be enough, right?
SEN - Proximity Array
Always use them on warships and Exploration Ships. If these don't provide any bonus when used on multiple ships I would go on and install them in flagships and bases only. And how exactly does that percentage on hyperjump tracking work? Do you need more than one on a single ship?
SEN - Scanner Jammer & Trace Scanner
How useful are these? Just one of these or more on a single ship?
SHD - Shields
I use 1/10 of shields compared to armor (rounded down if need), making them equal in weight. So a ship with 30 armor components would have 3 shields. They're pretty much some extra protection if they're not up against weapons bypassing them. Due to this fact I've been thinking about reducing shields by maybe 50%.
STR - Cargo Bays
I can't see any reason to install them on anything else than Space Ports, Freighters, Construction Ships and (Gas) Mining Stations. If you got fuel in a cargo bay and your fuel cells are empty, is the fuel transferred to the fuel cells - assumed the fuel type is the same?
STR - Troop & Passenger Compartments
How much of these are good to have on the according ship types? How much Passenger Compartments are good to have on Resort Bases?
WGR - Tractor Beams
Just a simple question: Pulling or pushing enemies most likely depends on the combat settings, if the ship is trying to standoff it'll push them away and otherwise pulling them, is this correct?
WPD - Point Defense Weapons
How many of these are needed to keep the fighters of a single bay busy?
Guess that's it. Thanks to anyone reading it completely and thanks again if taking the time to answer. I really hope the answers to these questions will help more newbie players
Verjigorm