Page 1 of 1

French & Free French

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 1:51 pm
by renwor
How to handle this?
At the moment my encyclopedia under french flag presents just free french forces. The same goes for "fast" battle setup
But there are two different OOBs for the two french sides. How to acces both in SPWAW?
if I would like to set a batttle with lets say french against free french ????




[This message has been edited by renwor (edited September 21, 2000).]

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:11 pm
by Major Destruction
France occupies a time slot up to the end of 1941 IIRC. After that date the Free France OOB takes over

If you set you battle to a Free France year you will see only the Free France OOB. This also, by necessity, contains Vichy France units (VF) and French Colonial units (FC.

If you set your battle to pre-1942, you will see only the France OOB.

You can set up a FF vs VF battle any time after the changeover date by selecting a civil war (France vs France) then selecting FF units on one side and VF units on the other.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 4:13 pm
by renwor
Great! (no sarcasm, I mean it)


So the only problem remaining is the encyclopedia. There is no "date" at encyclopedia. Is it using a date of last battle? or some preset one?
Aw, I guess I should try ...
..... Image now it works. Was I blind, or what???

thanks

[This message has been edited by renwor (edited September 22, 2000).]