Page 1 of 1

Help please

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 pm
by jkile
This morning after watching DAS, and some other videos, I downloaded "Extended Universe" 1.03 +Das blue. But after playing 1-2hrs, I noticed a couple of courious things. I really like all the "bells&whistles".

I am playing a reptilian race that starts on Desert planet and am short on several resources, of course. After some exploration, I found a marshy planet for chromium, for example. But clicking on planet to build a mining station, I keep getting an "unable to comstruct" notice. I don't think that these planets are to far for range of my contruction ships; one is just one sector away. I have enough money.

Also, in the potential research stations section, the label will say "HighTech" , but when click on place(planet) the only thing that comes up is energy staions, on just about every place(about 10 now).

Is there a patch I need or any other ideas??

Thanks,

JMK

RE: Help please

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 pm
by ParagonExile
This isn't the correct subforum for this, but I'll respond as best I can regardless;

1. There's a myriad of reasons why you wouldn't be able to build a mining station; Do you have enough resources? Does your current design use technology you don't currently have? Is it in another race's territory? You'd need to be more specific with details about the situation.

2. Restate the problem for me, my feeble monkey brain can't handle that.


RE: Help please

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:57 pm
by johanwanderer
Click on the planet. There're will be a bunch of build icons at the bottom, they're probably grayed-out. Hover your mouse over it, it'll say why it's grayed out (for example, not enough money.) Please note that mining staion is paid for by your private sector. They may be out of money.

RE: Help please

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:15 pm
by jkile
Guys, thanks for replies!!!! I checked the things you mention; But when I went back in, for some reason, everything was okay.

The only thing I can think of, is that I didn't restart my computer after installling everything, and for some reason my computer wasn't picking up all of the program. After rebooting this afternoon all is well.


Thanks again,

JMK

RE: Help please

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 pm
by ParagonExile
Well, I guess that works too.

heh.