Page 1 of 1
Roudnice nad Ladem Petrols
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:21 pm
by warshipbuilder
This is a capacity 2 oil storage facility on the NW outskirts of Praha. I have bombed it twice, once with a 100+ B-24's and once with an equivalent amount of B-17's. I have yet to even scratch the paint. Two raids, two hundred and fifty bombers and not even 1% damage! Are you kidding me? Has anybody else run across this while trying to bomb it? It was just a distraction raid, so it's not like a high priority target that I need to flatten, but the no return for the effort put forth seems not quite right. Hmmm knew some girls like that.[:D]
RE: Roudnice nad Ladem Petrols
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:46 am
by JeffroK
Very Interesting......
Only 1 raid but it looked good and 2 recce runs!!!
RE: Roudnice nad Ladem Petrols
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:40 pm
by TaggedYa
ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder
This is a capacity 2 oil storage facility on the NW outskirts of Praha. I have bombed it twice, once with a 100+ B-24's and once with an equivalent amount of B-17's. I have yet to even scratch the paint. Two raids, two hundred and fifty bombers and not even 1% damage! Are you kidding me? Has anybody else run across this while trying to bomb it? It was just a distraction raid, so it's not like a high priority target that I need to flatten, but the no return for the effort put forth seems not quite right. Hmmm knew some girls like that.[:D]
No, you have bombed the orphanage/farmers market/shoe factory that is a mile away, twice. The game has mistaken targets based on recon levels and random numbers. You might want to run a low alt. (9000 ft) recon or two and then try again.
Of course unless or until the oil system is fixed it is not really worth the effort.
RE: Roudnice nad Ladem Petrols
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:30 am
by warshipbuilder
Nah, I think it is a case of WAD. I have had time to think it over and...........
"Large targets are easy to hit, but hard to destroy. Small targets are easy to destroy,
but hard to hit." Viscount Tiverton