Page 1 of 1

Seeking Allied Opponent, DDB (Scen 30)-CLOSED

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:07 pm
by Q-Ball
Howdy! Been away from WITP-AE since Greyjoy pretty much kicked my butt by sinking all my CVs, so I'm back to try this again as the Empire.

Looking for DDB-C (Reduced Cargo Rates), for Hakku Ichu.

1-day turns

DBB:C / DaIronBabes:C
Beta: Latest version
STACKING LIMITS

For Houserules, this is a CUT AND PASTE from Obvert and Greyjoy's game. Good enough for them, good enough for me. Generally, these are pro-Japan HRs, but I think PDU-OFF is definitely an Allied advantage (though not 100% one)

Strat bombing:

manpower strikes allowed during daylight
manpower strikes allowed during night with sliding scale:

25 planes/target in 41
50 planes/target in 42
100 planes/target in 43
200 planes/target in 44
400 planes/target in 45-46.

CV strikes allowed for any strategic target at any time

Night bombing port/airfield:

50 planes/target for the entire war.

Aerial mining:

50 planes/target only at night for the entire war.

First turn:

No restrictions on port strikes for IJ
No new TFs for Allies but existing may move
No air groups changing location, but can change CAP settings
No crazy deep *TF moves (Mersing)

Altitude of CAP/sweep:

15k in 41
20k in 42
25k in 43
32k in 44-46.

PP for borders:

Minus Thai and Burmese units

Ground bombing:

No 4E ground unit bombing

Settings:

DBB scen 30, PDU OFF, Realistic RnD OFF, Replacements OFF, expand OFF, 7th Dec Surprise ON, Historical Start OFF, Auto Subs OFF, Advanced Weather ON
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


I won't be able to play at a super-fast pace, but will communicate at all times

PM or reply, thanks!

RE: Seeking Allied Opponent, DDB (Scen 30)

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:00 am
by huangjun801122
``````````I want to take this challenge~~~but it will be tough for JAP if PUD is OFF ,so can you change to PUD ON?.....i accept other rules ``

RE: Seeking Allied Opponent, DDB (Scen 30)

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:36 am
by witpqs
Seems like Altitude, strat bombing, night bombing limits are standard

They're really not standard at all. Best spell out what you want for folks. [:)]

RE: Seeking Allied Opponent, DDB (Scen 30)

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:45 am
by JocMeister
Cool! Good luck! [:)]

RE: Seeking Allied Opponent, DDB (Scen 30)

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:30 am
by GreyJoy
QBall is one of the best player around.
A man who plays (and knows) both sides.
Can't but say good things about him as a gaming partner.
Reliable, gentle, polite, constant.
A good man indeed and a perfect opponent.

Those HRs, for what I can tell, really work well.
The air war is perfectly balanced and PDU OFF really changes the cards on the table, but in a way that allows both players not to feel overwhelmed

Good luck mate!


RE: Seeking Allied Opponent, DDB (Scen 30)

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 am
by Panjack
Actually, I'm the one who needs good luck wishes as I'm the lucky soul who will standing in the way of Q-Ball's onslaught. I'm going from a tricycle (playing SCEN 1 against the AI) to a Porsche (playing DaIronBabes:C with stacking limits against a skilled human). My goal is to say, after a couple of months, "THAT didn't go as bad as I expected!" Honestly, though, I really couldn't ask for a better opponent, Q-Ball, for my first PBEM opponent.

RE: Seeking Allied Opponent, DDB (Scen 30)

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am
by Lecivius
ORIGINAL: Panjack

Actually, I'm the one who needs good luck wishes as I'm the lucky soul who will standing in the way of Q-Ball's onslaught. I'm going from a tricycle (playing SCEN 1 against the AI) to a Porsche (playing DaIronBabes:C with stacking limits against a skilled human). My goal is to say, after a couple of months, "THAT didn't go as bad as I expected!" Honestly, though, I really couldn't ask for a better opponent, Q-Ball, for my first PBEM opponent.

Keep yer head down, Damn The Torpedoes (seriously), and full speed ahead!