Page 1 of 1

Map Symbols

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:33 am
by AndyDuke
Hi Folks,
Had to re-install my laptop and WitP AE this week and I've lost a few images that I used to enjoy. Someone produced an image mod that replaced the Japanese Flag on map with the Hinomaru (Nisshôki) and changed the standard TF symbols. I've been through the Scenario Design and Modding and forum and spend some time searching through the forums with no success. Anyone know of this mod and got a copy?

Happy hunting

RE: Map Symbols

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:14 am
by LargeSlowTarget
Isn't the Hinomaru / Nisshôki the symbol used in stock version of AE? White background and red meatball only? Do you mean the Kyokujitsuki, the "battle flag" with the radiating sunrays?

I use this file with the "battle flag" (must be renamed into .bmp instead of .jpg)

Edit: That one is for the map.

Image

RE: Map Symbols

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:32 am
by AndyDuke
I'm thinking of the meatball only flag rather than the stock rising sun used on map.

RE: Map Symbols

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:54 am
by Reg

Try the AE Icon File Replacements on Halsey's site;

AE WITP Land/Air Artwork

RE: Map Symbols

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:59 am
by LargeSlowTarget
Might well be that I confuse things - has been a while that I have played stock but was 99% sure stock uses the meatball. Anyway, the link posted by Reg has the meatball version you are looking for.

RE: Map Symbols

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:03 am
by Reg

There is also the mapiconsJ_altJ.bmp file in your WITP_AE art folder that contains the meatball flag.

Just rename to mapiconsJ.bmp after renaming the existing one to something else first so you don't overwrite it.


RE: Map Symbols

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:14 am
by AndyDuke
Cheers guys - stars as ever [&o]

RE: Map Symbols

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:42 am
by TOMLABEL
ORIGINAL: Reg


There is also the mapiconsJ_altJ.bmp file in your WITP_AE art folder that contains the meatball flag.

Just rename to mapiconsJ.bmp after renaming the existing one to something else first so you don't overwrite it.


Yes, both versions were included in stock AE for a choice between the two.

TOMLABEL