Page 1 of 1

[NO ISSUE] Major Bug

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:40 pm
by Rparr28922
I tried updating to 568 and I can't play my command.exe file size went down to zero and it says I can't remove or delete it so I can no longer play. I downloaded the Zip file. Unzipped it and installed it by overwritting whatever it needed to.

RE: Major Bug

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:58 pm
by mikmykWS
Hi

Try restarting your computer and then apply the update again. Launch the game from the launcher.

Thanks!

Mike

RE: Major Bug

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:19 pm
by Rparr28922
Thanks Mike you know your Sh**, all I needed to do is use the launcher. I was running it from command.exe. luckily I had a backup on my other hard drive moved it over reapplied the patch and used auto-run and all works fine now.[&o]

RE: Major Bug

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:31 pm
by mikmykWS
Glad it worked out! Not so much for the Pats today though[:(]

RE: Major Bug

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:33 pm
by Rparr28922
I spoke to soon auto run only allowed me a one time deal to play I logged off tried to reopen it and it does nothing doesn't give me an error message just doesn't open the game

RE: Major Bug

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:38 pm
by mikmykWS
If the game is still open in your task manager close and try it.

Mike

RE: Major Bug

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 am
by Rparr28922
Figured it out some reason when I run it Norton Virus thinks its a virus then deletes the command.exe file.

RE: Major Bug

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:28 am
by zaytsev
my advice ... uninstall norton completely
that shi**y antivir is so "good" that it even deleted chrome.exe and its firewall blocked all access to network
to one of my customers , on win 8 laptop ..

use microsoft essentials , or windows defender .. win 8 firewall itself is good enough

my 2 cents

cheers

RE: Major Bug

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:10 pm
by Korvar
+1 for uninstalling Norton. IMHO, Avira (free) + Malwarebytes (the paid version with real-time protection) is the way to go.