Page 1 of 1
Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 am
by CapnDarwin
We will be working over the next few days to put the last issues to bed. Documentation is ready roll. We need to test out these couple bug fixes and pack everything up. This will be a big update touching just about every file. I plan on posting the What's New in 2.06 PDF in a few days as well, so you can read about all of the new and improved game play items before the update hits the sites.
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:56 am
by wodin
When does work start on the next expansion or new title? Whats your long term forecast for this games patches?
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:25 am
by Plodder
I don't suppose Mod Guide 4 is one of the documents?
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 am
by CapnDarwin
Plodder, Mod Guide 4 is being worked on by me when I can slice time to it. I'm working code and testing, doing the What's New doc, and working the website development and implementation. As those ramp down, I can go back to working MG4. Just a case of more work than free hours in a week right now. Wish I had better news. [:(]
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:46 am
by CapnDarwin
Ground work for 2.1 (Southern Storm) has been underway for a few weeks. Takes a bit of time to branch out the code and copy all of the 2.06 changes over. We are working on the task list of what needs to be worked first and how we want to refactor code. Once 2.06 is out the door we will go full speed on 2.1 development. We will still support fixing any game breaking bugs after 2.06 (hopefully those are gone).
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:35 am
by Mad Russian
ORIGINAL: The Plodder
I don't suppose Mod Guide 4 is one of the documents?
We are about to take all the Cap'n's other duties away from him until he actually finishes that modding guide. We understand just how important to the support from the community that guide is and will strive to get that out post haste after the update.
Thanks for everyone's patience.
Good Hunting.
MR
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:18 pm
by CapnDarwin
I was actually working on it a bit this morning. Squeeze it in when I can.

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:47 pm
by kipanderson
Hi,
Sounds very good...
You certainly do keep the improvements coming.
FC:RS started well and shocked many of us by just how good it was. Very few wargames come off... this certainly did.
And now keeps getting better.
All the best,
Kip.
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm
by CapnDarwin
Thanks Kip. We have invested a good deal of time and effort to make sure you guys get the best game we can do. We have some big plans for where 2.1 is going and I can only hope we continue to provide the best Cold War simulation out there.
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:35 pm
by Curious
I would like to respectfully request that you include in your signature a link to your website referred to in "Visit our website too" in your signature. Cancel my request if putting that link in your signature violates forum rules.
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:53 am
by MikeGER
oops ...wrong thread, deleated
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:13 am
by Tim James
Would it help if I said I'm going to order this game as soon as 2.06 is done?

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:20 am
by CapnDarwin
Curious, yes I should be able to do that. I'll see what I can do this weekend to fix my signature with the links.
RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:24 am
by CapnDarwin
Tim, yes it does. We are behind on getting 2.06 out. That is on me. I have had a family situation that has had me out of the loop for the past two weeks and not in a position to fix a couple items in the code. That is all resolved now and I am back on things this weekend.