Page 1 of 1

Hyperlinks

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:43 pm
by LordAldrich
From most windows, clicking a hyperlink seems to open the webpage in an embedded Internet Explorer view pane. However, there is no way to go "back" to the original window.

For example: the community pack scenario "Operation Guardian: Counter Piracy Ops" has nice links to the Wikipedia pages for friendly assets in the "Select a Side" window, but the only way to read each of them is to reload the scenario, or to right-click and "open link in new window", which launches Internet Explorer externally.

Just my personal opinion, but I think the ideal would be to force all hyperlinks to launch an external page in whatever program is the system default browser, leaving the in-game window in its current state.

RE: Hyperlinks

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:02 pm
by mikmykWS
Great suggestion. I've added this to our list of things to look at.

Mike

RE: Hyperlinks

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:07 pm
by Runibl
the system default browser
+1
Definitely would like this. Until then, I tend to right click, copy URL and then paste it in my default browser.

RE: Hyperlinks

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:08 pm
by mikmykWS
Yeah I'll look at it. Could be as simple as the right attribute but we'll see.