Page 1 of 1

How have the forums been?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:55 am
by Tombstone
It's been an indecent period of time since I've visited the site... Can any of the old timers give me a run down on the major things that have happened in the last 6 months?

Tomo

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:42 pm
by Jacc
Well,
everybody's waiting for CL eagerly. Very, very eagerly. The highlight of the past few months has been Panzer Leo's Head to Head (referred as H2H) mod for SPWAW, which is a must download. It changes graphics, sounds, some minor aspects, OOB, and is specially designed for head to head play. However, it also shines in Human vs. AI -combats.

AAR/DAR has been quite active, there have been funny games like M4 Jess vs. Belisarius, Jess having one M4 and Belisarius having one Jagdtiger or something. :D Jess tends to lose these games.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:16 pm
by RockinHarry
Hi Tomo,


yes ,..Panzer Leo´s H2H mod really is worth a try! :cool:

http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/pa ... rework.php

...now go and convert "North of the Psel" to H2H! That´ll gonna be cool! :D ;) :cool:

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:33 pm
by chief
Tombstone: Another change is that SPWAW has updated OOBs and is at version 7.1....use OOBs dated 4-7-02 for standard SPWAW. H2H version has its own OOB's. Just in case you missed this.:) :cool: Welcome back !

I heard a nasty rumor....

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:20 am
by Orzel Bialy
that Goblin has only changed his underwear once since your last visit! lol. :p

Orzel Strikes Again!!! :D

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:24 am
by Goblin
The problem with Eagles is that they are Bird-Brained...:rolleyes:

:p


Goblin

OK...that wasn't nice of me...

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:27 am
by Orzel Bialy
I'll will from here on confine my Goblin Beating to the Pbem category!

Now, let's rumble!!! :mad:

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:01 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Hmmm nothing critically awesome that I can add for my own slant tombstone, beyond I have H2H and think it has earned a look.

In General wargaming, I think there are a few threads that might merit your interest.

Strategic Command came out, and I eventually dumped it.

Hearts of Iron lasted about a week under the heat lamp and seems to have fizzled. AI is lame.

Panzer Claws fared no better under scrutiny.

Combat Net was reworked and fixed up recently.

There were other threads that had as many responses as mine of course ....really heheh. Absent Minded Professor had some good ones.

I am currently targeting for my own interests the Battlefields forum as well as the UV forum (due to my disgust with non turn based games as of late).