Page 1 of 1

If you understand german watch this

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm
by DerGrenadier
If you understand german I strongly recommend these German TV shows. They are from the 1970s but I still love watching them today. I bought the DVD´s at Amazon.

The first one are the (supposed) memoirs from Grimmelshausen. He lived during the Thirty Years War. This book is the first German novel that was internationaly recognized. It was published shortly after the Thirty Years War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXuBvK-hw4

The second is about the live of Wallenstein. Probably my alltime favourite TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81QE1ZyItm4

The third is a german documentation about the Thirty Years War. Very good, in my eyes the best out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smHv-RD ... Vw3li4CMBJ

RE: If you understand german watch this

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:55 pm
by bob.
Great links, thanks!

RE: If you understand german watch this

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:46 pm
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: DerGrenadier

If you understand german I strongly recommend these German TV shows. They are from the 1970s but I still love watching them today. I bought the DVD´s at Amazon.

The first one are the (supposed) memoirs from Grimmelshausen. He lived during the Thirty Years War. This book is the first German novel that was internationaly recognized. It was published shortly after the Thirty Years War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXuBvK-hw4

The second is about the live of Wallenstein. Probably my alltime favourite TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81QE1ZyItm4

The third is a german documentation about the Thirty Years War. Very good, in my eyes the best out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smHv-RD ... Vw3li4CMBJ
Don't forget 'Die Deutschen - Wallenstein und der Krieg'-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1JpUYlW1sM

or 'Mythos Wallenstein' -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjLBZ1Gh9XU

Klink, Oberst