Page 1 of 1

converting replenishment CVE Sqns

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:05 am
by wga8888
My game is now entering 9/43 (yipee, P47Ds, P38J, etc.)


Most of my replenshiment sqn questions were answered in an earlier thread

tm.asp?m=2417077

Most of my surviving CVEs are have replenishment types with 24 plane VFR F4Fs and 24 VBR SBDs. this gives it 48 planes vs the a/c ops rating of 24/48 (hence in red). My challenge is most of my CVs are converting to F6Fs. If I convert a VFR to F6F, it makes it a 54 plane group, requiring 30 pilots. this greatly exceeds the CVE a/c ops rating. Same happens if I transfer the VF to a land base. However by experimenting, I can divide the 54 plane group into three 18 plane groups. So I can eventually replace the two 24 plane groups with two 18 plane groups, in any combination of fighters & bombers I 'assume' is wise. I thought this was a good point worth sharing. I dont know how many campaign games vs organic opponents I can attempt and finish, so I would rather not make any more unnecessary mistakes.

RE: converting replenishment CVE Sqns

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:12 am
by wga8888
Further clarification from AE forum

tm.asp?m=3711255

the key point is replenishment squadrons can be at full 54 plane strength (108 planes vs CVE 24/48 a/c ops rating) and still effectively transfer planes in the replenishment role.