I Love Army Pilots!!
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:20 pm
I used to be in the camp that said "Army Piolots can't hit a barn they were standing in" but no more.
Using PM as a Level Bomber basein June of '42 without any of the nice long range stuff (since my B-17s have been shot to pieces) I am getting 15-20 bomb and torpedo hits a day on passing support and invasion fleets.
I dropped the altitude of the level bombers from 6000 feet to 2000 feet and my success has shot up 20 fold! I have managed to keep Gili-Gili and between that and PM I plan to clean the water of any IJN ship south of Rabal. By the time the new carriers come into possition I will be running B-25s against Rabal out of Gili-Gili.
Using PM as a Level Bomber basein June of '42 without any of the nice long range stuff (since my B-17s have been shot to pieces) I am getting 15-20 bomb and torpedo hits a day on passing support and invasion fleets.
I dropped the altitude of the level bombers from 6000 feet to 2000 feet and my success has shot up 20 fold! I have managed to keep Gili-Gili and between that and PM I plan to clean the water of any IJN ship south of Rabal. By the time the new carriers come into possition I will be running B-25s against Rabal out of Gili-Gili.