Page 1 of 2
Anyone know when UV will be In-Stock?
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:43 pm
by Cheeks
NOW HEAR THIS:
Topic says it all.
Any info is appreciated. Gotta give santa the OK to buy.
THAT IS ALL:
Cheeks
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:58 pm
by David Heath
Well folks we are out of stock again. We sold all copies of Uncommon Valor and Starships Unlimited before the games even reached the warehouse. I hope to have a new shipment much sooner and I will post it hear shortly.
David
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:59 pm
by Yamamoto
Well hurry up!

I know I am planning on buying at least one more copy as a gift this Christmas season.
Yamamoto
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:15 am
by Matt Erickson
Hmmm...I just saw a copy of UV sitting on the shelf at my local eb didnt know it was for sale off the shelf in the US...maybe you should call around.
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:46 am
by SoulBlazer
Guys, you can also buy this and Divided Galaxies from Chips and Bits:
http://www.chipsbits.com/cgi-bin/order. ... OV.IR.html
That's where I got my copy at. GREAT fast shipping also -- had mine in two days, from ordering to playing.
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:58 am
by Matt Erickson
yeah I got mine from chips an bits too some months back...but I was surprised to see this game on store shelves at eb...funny too though the box looked really good with some nice screen shots...if I had seen it on the store shelf without knowing about the game I'd buy it in a second;)
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:59 am
by XPav
EBgames.com also appears to have UV in stock.
Its great that Matrix has managed to get UV to EB, and if reports are believed, onto the store shelves!
( But buy it direct, Matrix gets more $$$ that way

)
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:42 am
by Ross Moorhouse
Originally posted by XPav
EBgames.com also appears to have UV in stock.
Its great that Matrix has managed to get UV to EB, and if reports are believed, onto the store shelves!
( But buy it direct, Matrix gets more $$$ that way
)
Xpav can we put you down to purchase another 10 copies from us? :p
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:54 am
by SoulBlazer
Well, Ross, I DID just buy Divided Galaxies from you guys on Chips and Bits -- I love space games also and am sure it will be as much fun as MOO 3 will be.
I also was looking into buying Firefight, but the demo is gone and no one responded to my post asking for additional information on that game.
At least you know your products are popular.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:41 am
by Reiryc
Originally posted by David Heath
Well folks we are out of stock again. We sold all copies of Uncommon Valor and Starships Unlimited before the games even reached the warehouse. I hope to have a new shipment much sooner and I will post it hear shortly.
David
Therefore I assume sales of UV are better than you anticipated?
I know that future development of the series was dependent on the sales, and if I remember right, this is the 2nd or 3rd time you've sold out?
I hope that this continues.
Reiryc
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:48 am
by Cap Mandrake
I got mine at
http://www.shopforsoftware.com/
BTW..is UV marketed in Japan? Surely there are some closet wargamers there?
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:43 pm
by Cutman
I checked in local stores before I bought it online and I did not see it. Of course it does not mean that they did not market it..
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:17 pm
by pry
Reading these forums convinced me I just had to have this game
and WitP when it comes out. Ordered on 4 Dec, and then found out it is "On backorder"...
Well them is the breaks, Guess I will just have to wait awhile.
Any chance one of you kind folks can email me the manual PDf file so that I can at
least get a head start by reading the manual 1st (for a change) instead of jumping
right in? Now there is a novel idea. It would be greatly appreciated...
pry@navsource.org
I do not have a heck of allot of time for games but I'll make time for this one

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:18 pm
by Ironpaw
I ordered mine on Dec 4 or 5th from EB's online site.
Had it in two days via airmail. You might want to give that a try and see if it is still in stock.
It is a great game - can't wait for WIP.
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:16 am
by XPav
Saw UV on the shelves at the Santa Rosa, CA CompUSA.
My copy
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:16 am
by codynt
I just ordered my copy of UV (on Sunday) from
http://www.gogamer.com , and I just got an email from them saying that it shipped 2nd day FedEx today. Can't wait for it to get here, even if it is during finals week

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:45 am
by borstalboy
I ordered 12/2 from Matrix next day delivery and I still don't know when it will get here. I've been waiting soooooooo patiently for a heads up that Matrix has it, and it has shipped to me, but it appears to be that old sweet song of unrequited love. Either that or I have to accept the fact that yes, apparently I do have masochistic tendencies, and even if I did get the game, I'd never win, even against the AI, either that or the gods are conspiring against me, and the game will probably arrive at my house the day after I leave for Xmas holidays, and I won't even have the manual to puzzle over, and then my work load will pick up, and i won't have the time.
On the other hand, I really do need the sleep, and to keep my marriage intact, and take care of business, and exercise and keep healthy .... all the things that suffer when I spend hours glued to the computer, but I really do promise that this time, I WILL limit my game play, to one hour and one beer, well, maybe, two or three hours, and three or four pints, or, just face it, your gonna descend again into the unwashed, unshaven, red eyed, dawn greeting multitudes of zombies ready to face yet another 12 step program beginning with a confession and an affirmation.
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:16 am
by Matt Erickson
Are there any reviews of divided galaxy around?

if it's good I'll buy it

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:25 am
by Ross Moorhouse
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:25 am
by David Heath
OK Guys
Here are the facts. We should have all back orders shipped out the door by the end of Tuesday business day. If we run out of games or any other issues we let everyone know.
David