Page 1 of 1
Planes reinforcements on destroyed airfield
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:16 pm
by LEBILLAN
I'm Japanese, my airfield at LAE is at maximum damage.
There is one A6M3 ZERO group on that airfield with 0 planes and 28 pilots.
Reinforcement are sent to this group! (8 planes every two or three days) and, they are destroyed automaticaly with the next bombardment of the US.
I can't disband or withdraw this group.
I can't transfer it.
HELP, I need these reinforcement planes in an other place!!!
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:59 am
by denisonh
It would be nice to be able to withdraw/disband squadrons without any aircraft (ready, damaged, reserve).
Since there is no need to transfer aircraft, I don't see where the problem would be. God only knows where the pilots go.
Hope to see this in an upcoming patch;)
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:31 am
by David Heath
I asked Mike Wood about this. Mike said that an airbase would not received new planes unless the airbase was repaired to 50%. Then the planes are being replaced then the enemy bombard during the day.
We are not going to change this now for UV but we will add it to our list.
David
Base is at maximum damage
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:33 pm
by LEBILLAN
My base at Lae is at maximum damage (100) and the unique engineer unit still at the airbase have 3 squads left and all are broken.
It's impossible the base being repaired.
We agree with my partner to stop bombing Lae, after 3 days without a bomb, the airfield is always at max damage and the planes continue to come in reinforcement (8, in repair status) after these three days.
Supply
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:36 pm
by denisonh
Problem is that without supplies, the airfield cannot get repaired.
You will have to fast transport or barge supplies there, since a convoy would get plastered.