Page 1 of 1

Feedback on UV to Matrix Games

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:23 am
by sveint
Hello,

As a long time lurker and an old timer in wargames I thought I'd post a few comments on UV. Hopefully some of this feedback will prove useful to Matrix Games.

1. Pilot "xyz" has confirmed kill "xyz". Please remove these messages (if I really want to know I'll look up my top pilots during my turn).
2. Aircraft "policies" would be a very valuable addition. For example, I would like to set a max range for any missions flown, and I'd like to set a flag for "don't fly during poor weather".
3. A "repeat mission" flag for task forces would be great.
4. I'd also like global default policies. For example I should be able to set all fighters to default to 12000 feet.

If you were able to implement some or all of these points it would greatly help against micromanagement.

In no way take this feedback as negative, I think it's a great game and am looking forward to War in the Pacific (as I prefer grand strategic games)!

Svein

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:25 am
by David Heath
Thanks

These are some very good ideas and will add them to our list of features for the future.

David

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:22 pm
by Lrfss
Hi Guys:

Those indeed would be good idea's to implement in UV!

Later,

Lrfss

Re: Feedback on UV to Matrix Games

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:53 pm
by SViking
Originally posted by sveint
Hello,
2. Aircraft "policies" would be a very valuable addition. For example, I would like to set a max range for any missions flown, and I'd like to set a flag for "don't fly during poor weather".
As a part of the policies, how about the ability to set target preferences, e.g., CVs? :D

Haven't seen Matrix weigh in on this idea in another thread...how about it?

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:33 am
by David Heath
This is not currently in the plans but it is on the list.

David

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:05 am
by SViking
Good deal. Actually, I should restate my request...the real objective should be to deal with the strange decisions the TF commander makes regarding naval strikes. One option would be something along the lines of my suggestion above. I can imagine alot of variations on that, including making the option a restrictive one - defining targets the TF should not attack - as one person suggested. At the end of the day, I'd still like to see some option to prioritize naval targets. However, until the specifics are decided, a modification of the AI would be greatly appreciated, e.g., prioritizing for enemy carrier TFs.

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:45 am
by Lrfss
Hi Guys:

More good idea's and Ditto.....on that

Later,

Lrfss