AI purchase routine
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 4:36 am
Does the AI look at the player's purchase and use that to influence it's choices?
I ask because in 8 battles, the Brits had nary an ack-ack gun but as soon as I bought a strike element, the AI bought *14* 40mm guns. Thank Mars I was arty-heavy and could suppress the crap outa the AA or my Stukas would have been lawn darts.
But it struck me as odd that he only seemed to get AA guns when I had planes. And...this is a subjective opinion...it *seems* that when I'm heavy in AT, the AI is heavy in infantry and vice versa. Reason for it, or just strange synchronicity?
I ask because in 8 battles, the Brits had nary an ack-ack gun but as soon as I bought a strike element, the AI bought *14* 40mm guns. Thank Mars I was arty-heavy and could suppress the crap outa the AA or my Stukas would have been lawn darts.
But it struck me as odd that he only seemed to get AA guns when I had planes. And...this is a subjective opinion...it *seems* that when I'm heavy in AT, the AI is heavy in infantry and vice versa. Reason for it, or just strange synchronicity?
. Same with aircraft and AA guns.

