Page 1 of 1
Monitering supplies to troops on enemy base
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:13 pm
by worr
How do you do it?
And does it help to resupply them at an enemy base?
You are better off capturing the base and resupplying right?
Worr, out
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:19 pm
by SViking
Oinks, worr! As with resupplying a friendly base, I use transports in the very same manner to keep troops at an enemy base supplied. Unfortunately, the only way to tell if the have enough supplies seems to be to check every unit. Units need supplies to fight; so, I assume the supplies do serve a purpose. Of course, I've never tried an attack without supplies.
Give newly landed troops a day before checking their supplies. I've noticed that the troops may appear unsupplied initially, but will show supplies (if available) on the second day.
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:47 am
by Toro
Hi Worr,
You won't lose any supplies you drop on a base you intend on taking -- well, at least as long as you have troops there (I've never dropped supplies on an enemy base that doesn't have my own invasion force staging). As SViking said, the supplies are "absorbed" by your units there, so you have to check each unit. But, once you take the base, the supplies show up normally.
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:27 am
by worr
Originally posted by Toro
The supplies are "absorbed" by your units there, so you have to check each unit. But, once you take the base, the supplies show up normally.
No kidding? Great to know!
Another flying pig!
bworral@cableone.net if you want to do a PBEM.
Worr, out
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:06 am
by Deathifier
(I've never dropped supplies on an enemy base that doesn't have my own invasion force staging).
I have, well more precisely the troop transports and their escorts turned around and ran away one day out from landing - evil torpedo bombers.
All that happened is the TF sat there 'unloading' but not actually moving any supplies off. It seems that they will only unload directly onto troops, and yes, wait a day or two after troops disembark to check their supply status.
Attacking without supply is a terrible idea, the manual makes it quite clear that without supplies the strength of any unit is significantly reduced - it is difficult to shoot weapons when you don't have the ammo (or the guns in the first place)
- Deathifier
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:42 am
by worr
Thnx
Worr, out