Page 1 of 1

Map scrolling very slow

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:18 am
by kfmiller41
Just re installed this game on a new laptop, 4980 processor with 32 gig ram and a geforce gtx980 m video card with 4 gig of ram and the latest drivers, so I am really confused why the map is scrolling like a dog. Have both map scroll settings at zero and don't know what else to do, right now it is not playable. Also have windows 8.1 with the latest update.

any help would be appreciated

RE: Map scrolling very slow

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:19 am
by witpqs
Check other recent threads for switches you might try.

RE: Map scrolling very slow

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:37 am
by wdolson
It's a multiple processor and possibly a video hardware problem. There are command line switches starting with Patch 1 that address these problems. Everyone has to fine tune what works best for them. There are many threads on the forum about it. Just about everyone new to the game goes through it.

Bill

RE: Map scrolling very slow

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:37 pm
by tdpyle
As explained in other threads, the key is to include the switch "-deepColor" in the command line. I believe the Windows 8 problem is that it does not support Direct Draw. The deepColor switch fixes this somehow. Note: I have discovered that he -cpu# switch can be a problem with intel quad-core processors. When I used it I got a processor overload message from Norton. The command line I use is -multiaudio -altFont -deepColor -SingleCpuStart. Running Intel processor @ 2.41GH quad-core. Ho-hum Intel graphics.

RE: Map scrolling very slow

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:21 pm
by HansBolter
ORIGINAL: tdpyle

As explained in other threads, the key is to include the switch "-deepColor" in the command line. I believe the Windows 8 problem is that it does not support Direct Draw. The deepColor switch fixes this somehow. Note: I have discovered that he -cpu# switch can be a problem with intel quad-core processors. When I used it I got a processor overload message from Norton. The command line I use is -multiaudio -altFont -deepColor -SingleCpuStart. Running Intel processor @ 2.41GH quad-core. Ho-hum Intel graphics.

+1

-deepColor solved my slow scrolling in 8.1