A New Player
Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:02 am
Hi all!!
Bought the game at Gamestop a few days ago. I like it. Right now I am playimg #17 as the Allies. Not an easy thing to do for someone who prefers the offensive side:p
So far I have lost Buna and Gili Gili. Had hoped to save the latter when I caught the transports with the surface forces from Brisbane, but it was not to be.
My two carriers have launched several strikes on the enemy transport convoys, and my surface forces have caught a few as well. B-17s are busy hitting Rabaul and the air forces in PM.
But where are the Japanese carriers? I think they depleted their aircraft attacking PM. I pushed my own close enough to raid Shortlands. Of course they found other targets...
I have three questions at this moment.
1: To increase support at a base for ground/air units, is there a specific unit to move. I have read about this a few times, but am still scratching my head. I need an idiot's guide.
2: I have the Long Island, but have no idea what to do with it right now. It doesn't have an airgroup at the moment.
3: When the airunits of a carrier divert to a land base, what happens if I send the carrier back to PH? Does the carrier get a new set of planes? Do I have to disband the stranded air units so that happens? Or do I have, lets say, two complete airwings for the Saratoga?
Any help/comments/suggestions are welcome.
Bought the game at Gamestop a few days ago. I like it. Right now I am playimg #17 as the Allies. Not an easy thing to do for someone who prefers the offensive side:p
So far I have lost Buna and Gili Gili. Had hoped to save the latter when I caught the transports with the surface forces from Brisbane, but it was not to be.
My two carriers have launched several strikes on the enemy transport convoys, and my surface forces have caught a few as well. B-17s are busy hitting Rabaul and the air forces in PM.
But where are the Japanese carriers? I think they depleted their aircraft attacking PM. I pushed my own close enough to raid Shortlands. Of course they found other targets...
I have three questions at this moment.
1: To increase support at a base for ground/air units, is there a specific unit to move. I have read about this a few times, but am still scratching my head. I need an idiot's guide.
2: I have the Long Island, but have no idea what to do with it right now. It doesn't have an airgroup at the moment.
3: When the airunits of a carrier divert to a land base, what happens if I send the carrier back to PH? Does the carrier get a new set of planes? Do I have to disband the stranded air units so that happens? Or do I have, lets say, two complete airwings for the Saratoga?
Any help/comments/suggestions are welcome.