Page 1 of 1

Opponent wanted

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:34 pm
by daveballmh
Have been playing a long running game for about 3 years and still in May 1944. I have the capacity to play another but only if you have the stamina for a long game. Would prefer to play Axis but willing to swap if necessary. Full long 1943 scenario game.

RE: Opponent wanted

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:38 pm
by john_txic
I'm in for Allied.

Any "house rules"?



Cheers,


john

RE: Opponent wanted

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:11 pm
by daveballmh
Hi John

I prefer to try and keep it reasonably realistic so I will not put loads of squadrons on airfields packed full of AA guns

I play historically so would not normally move Romanian squadrons out of Romania etc. If though you start doing non historical deployments - Typhoons to Italy or Lancasters to the Med etc, that is when I start to move further away from historical and will start to deploy accordingly (but would never pack an airfield)

The one rule I ask is that your day missions do not cross the front lines of coast until daylight hits 50%. If you bomb with day aircraft when light is still below 50% interception works as if it is at night and your day bombers can do terrible damage for very few losses. I will keep you aware of the time of 50% light so you are aware of the time because it of course change as time goes on.

IF you like this I will E Mail you my E Mail address. Axis starts I think. May not have time to do it tomorrow - something to do with the time of year!

I can usually manage 2 - 3 turns a week, but it does depend on how busy I am at work.

The first turn takes me a couple of days as I need to write out my production plans because I sort of work out how I vary things.

Happy Christmas

Dave



RE: Opponent wanted

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:18 pm
by john_txic
All agreed.

RE: Opponent wanted

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:30 pm
by daveballmh
A couple of E Mails sent to get get things going

Cheers

Dave