Page 1 of 1

Newbie Artillary Question

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 3:40 am
by Lancelot39
I have Ver3, just started campain, thought I'd buy some infantry guns (150's) and some Stug (150's) for on board artillary support. I have com rules off and cant seem to be able to get these guns to fire indirect to unspotted map hexes. If you can soften up unspotted map hexes with off board, cant you with onboard artillary/, I can't even make em fire indirect to spotted areas that are further than their dircect fire arc, what gives?? I am hitting Z then targeting hex, then exiting Z screen and trying to fire. HELP !

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 3:44 am
by Tom Proudfoot
The Z key is still direct fire, but it is direct fire to a hex rather than a specific target unit. Indirect fire is done via the Bombardment menu; there is a button on the side for it, or you can use the "B" hotkey.

Tom

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 3:46 am
by IronicFate
Tom you beat me to the punch!

------------------
" Even The Fog Of War Cannot Obscure The Horror Of It"

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 4:09 am
by Lancelot39
When I hit the B key my onboard 150 infantry guns dont show up, and neither do the Stug 150's. Thats the one that looks like a tree house on tracks. Is that one supposed to be able to be used for long range suppression?

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 4:19 am
by Paul Vebber
Infantry and assault guns were predominantly used for direct fire, so they do not have indirect fire capability. While occasioanlly they were used that way, the typical crew was not trained for it...so they are direct fire only.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 10:05 am
by Viriato
hello , I had the same problem , how to use my arty in unspotted map hexes thru the Bombardment menu ... ok this is what you have to check , your guns MUST HAVE the FH termination for ex. 75mmFH . I know this is not very technical but I think it's you wanted ... Good Hunting