Page 1 of 1

Who plays SPWAW online?

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:46 am
by MacCready
Since SPWAW version 4.5 (the first one I played)I've only played one single online head to head game.

Why is everyone PBEM crazy?

If there are ANY silicon commanders out there that would care to rumble online please let me know.

online

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:16 pm
by jkokjohn
im interested in a online game jkokjohn@indytel.com

Online play...

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:38 pm
by Orzel Bialy
has been discussed...but for the majority of people Pbem's still rule the day.
"Could you tell me why Orzel?" You ask...
"Of course I will, It'll be my pleasure." I answer. :D

First of all...this isn't Doom or Quake...it isn't (to me at least) a real-time game. However, there are also several other reasons that make Pbem so popular.

The three biggest reasons are: Time and Connection and Humor.

Time: Since we all don't always have the time to sit and play online for extended periods of time...Pbem's are just plain easier with the offer of time flexibility. They also give us some breathing space when we are playing more than one opponent at a time.

Connection: Not everyone has DLS...and as such, modem connections are slow and not always dependable. Nothing could be worse than having a great turn erased by a dis-connection!

Humor: Look the forum over...these games can be funny as Hell sometimes with all the wise-cracking and "sideline" input. You can't match that online!

Hope that answers the question.

Yep, I have played online and like,

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:38 am
by Don Doom
but like Orzel said, I don't have time to play a online game at this point!:( :( :(

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:51 am
by Irinami
Bingo. I don't play online, simply because I rarely know when I'll have 2 straight hours to focus solely on that one game. Wish I did! ;.;

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:59 am
by MacCready
I hear ya,but what makes online sooo cool to me is you must be on top of your game,make quick decisions,etc.


It ok to ponder turns endlessly but there's something more vital about online games,and everyoneseems to have forrgotten you can save them if you run out of time.


Ohh and two hours barely scratches an online game,try 5-10 hours.

Point Made...

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:05 am
by Orzel Bialy
not a lot of people have that luxury of time...:(

Maybe I will after tonights Lotto Drawing! :D

As for being on top your game...perhaps I can concede a bit that it would sharpen reflexes...but none the less, I'll stick with Pbem's for now.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:48 am
by MacCready
I may have found the reason why nobody plays online*,It doesn't seem to work! would folks try and fire up an online game jst for a minute to see if it works for you?

Thanks


*besides the time issue