Page 1 of 1

Direct X 9.0 Compatability?

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:47 am
by WW2'er
Just heard that Microsoft released Direct X 9.0 today. If I upgrade, do I risk breaking UV? Has anyone tried it yet?:confused:

Re: Direct X 9.0 Compatability?

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:14 am
by tanjman
Originally posted by WW2'er
Just heard that Microsoft released Direct X 9.0 today. If I upgrade, do I risk breaking UV? Has anyone tried it yet?:confused:


:D Why don't you be a nice little guinea pig and test it for us? ;)

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:32 am
by Deathifier
In theory there should be no problems.

In practice it usually takes a month or so for an 'a' or 'b' version to appear which fixes some minor issues.

I won't be trying it until the DX9 SDK arrives :)

- Deathifier

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:41 am
by TomR
I tried it out DX 9.0 End-User Runtime this evening and as Ross found (differfent thread), there were no problems after kicking UV's little virtual tires.

Tom

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:20 pm
by Reiryc
DX9 is up and running...

I haven't found any problems with it so far.

I'm running win98 SE

Reiryc

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:12 am
by HawaiiFive-O
No problems with DX9 here either.

Win98 SE.