Page 1 of 3
Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:41 am
by ratprince
Can someone explain to me how to take and upload a screen shot? I need to show this..hehe..
I am on campaign four now and decided to land in Picardy. Suffice to say I prepped the beaches for over a month with literally...LITERALLY..every air frame in England. Every rail head within 150 miles was 100 percent damage....every port the same.. interdiction of 99 on every hex within about 50 miles of the beaches.
I landed with 15 FULL divisions and then one inf regiment. Plus 4 FULL air divisions and 5 regiements or brigades. PLUS all the potential attached amphib support guys like rangers, etc..
I have no realistic way to explain what faced me after the invasion. Every hex was stacked three high in level one and two forts with defense number in the 60 to "x" range and attack number in the 20s and 30s. Seven panzer divisions plus two layers of BIG infantry divisions....
Their response was so big that I was hit the following turn by a stack of 5 panzer divisions and blasted off two beaches...
I just dont get it. I know..I know..play a human. Just not interested in the delay of a human and time it takes. Itd be nice if this could be fixed or invading is simply murderous...
2by3 guys, can you give me some help on how to upload a save? Or email one? I got no response the last time I did it..
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
by Belphegor
If you want to upload make sure your save file is zipped. Then when posting have a look at the bottom of the edit screen where you're typing text. You should see (bottom left) a click here to upload! link. That will allow you to attach your save to your post
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 pm
by RedLancer
Saves are best and pre saves even better.
To take a screen shot either use snipping tool that is part of windows or press Print Screen then paste into graphics programme and save as a jpg.
When you post on thread (not quick reply) look at the bottom of - click file to upload and the checkbox for Embed picture in post.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:37 pm
by ratprince
Ok thanks for the info...Ill give it a shot
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 pm
by Omat
Hello
1.) Play in "window mode" - not full screen
2.) When you want to take a screenshot press the "print" button on your keyboard
3.) Tab out of WitW and start a programm you like, as windows paint, gimp etc.
4.) paste the sreenshot (or simply press strg + v)
5.) Save the file as .jpg on you pc
When you are in the forum and write a post, you can see on the left side "login" "subject" and so on...also "File". In the row of of "File" you can click on "Click here to upload".
If you do this a new window will open and you can search on your pc for the screenshot. Take it and upload it. Wait a little bit.
Omat
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:41 pm
by ratprince
Ok thanks omat. What is "strg v"
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
by Omat
Hello
Sorry was german. Ctrl = Strg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_key
So Ctrl + v
Omat
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:51 pm
by KWG
Do units dig in more the heavier the bombing? Prepping the beaches for over a month is like sending out flyers for a party.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:00 pm
by Devast8or
ORIGINAL: KWG
Do units dig in more the heavier the bombing? Prepping the beaches for over a month is like sending out flyers for a party.
This.Prepping an area so heavily is like posting a party on facebook. Somebody will be there, probably more than you would imagine. Without the screenshot its difficult to say anything but digging in within that area sounds like a wise move by the ai especially if all other parts were completely ignored by you. You should have landed somewhere else and surprised him..
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
by ratprince
No, recon shows the units that are there AFTER the invasion are not the ones there prior. Within about 100 miles.
Its gotta be an AI thing. No human player could move that many units under the air effect. No worries...just gotta hope for a patch or break down and play a human.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 pm
by Joel Billings
Please email the autosave at the start of the German turn that you invaded. This will allow us to see the AI reaction. Sorry if I didn't get back to you the last time you sent saves, but we did get these and were able to use them to reduce the warping of AI units out of nearly closed pockets. That fix has been in test for over a week and we expect it to go out as a public beta this week. Saves make all the difference. You can either zip them up and attach them to a post here or email to
2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm
by ratprince
Thanks Joel, Ill send them
Wasnt being critical at all, just didnt get a response. No worries, Ill send several from the current game prelude to the invasion and the post invasion. Hope it helps
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:38 pm
by Dante Fierro
I'm using the A.I. as training. Don't expect real serious game play until I hit the human servers/PBEM. It does however sound somewhat odd your situation although you did advertise a bit.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:23 pm
by Devast8or
ORIGINAL: mike mcmann
No, recon shows the units that are there AFTER the invasion are not the ones there prior. Within about 100 miles.
Its gotta be an AI thing. No human player could move that many units under the air effect. No worries...just gotta hope for a patch or break down and play a human.
If you did proper recon and it appeared "empty" then it does sound strange.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:39 pm
by Joel Billings
I'm looking forward to seeing the save. I'm really surprised to hear about so many massive AI reactions to the invasions. We weren't seeing that in our tests, but possibly something changed and wasn't noticed.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:55 pm
by Nico165b165
Is the AI coded to recognize where the player puts its air effort, and keep units not too far away ?
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm
by Joel Billings
I don't know for sure, but I don't think so.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:04 pm
by ratprince
Just sent you several saves with a lead up showing interdiction and rail damage and recon, then after the invasion.
Let me know what ya think.
Thanks
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:03 pm
by Joel Billings
Ok, I took a look and tried to see what I could move to the invasion area versus what the AI did. I was able to get 30 divisions to the front line (or 1 hex from the front). I was able to get another 5 or so divisions within 3-5 hexes. I think the AI got about 38 divisions to he front or 1 hex of the front. I saw at least one specific division that could not have gotten as far as it did given it had to load on rail and then unload during the turn. On the other hand, the units paid a horrible price to get to the beaches through the interdiction. I saw many panzer divisions arriving at the front with just over 50% combat effective TOE where they had started over 90%. Just the act of moving to the front cross country and through interdiction was causing severe attrition.
In even better news, I took your save from the turn of the invasion and ran it using the latest version we have in testing. Only 26 German divisions made it to the front, which is even less than I was able to do. I don't know what changes Gary has made to impact this, but it appears that he's keeping a few more units garrisoning ports and not moving quite as much to the battle area. I don't know if this will continue in future turns or if some other changes he made is preventing some cheat moves, but it was a weaker response. So this will be good news for some of you. On the other hand, it may mean that it's too easy to break out.
Part of the large response in this case is the central location. Also, the 110 help level is probably not hurting as I had lots of MPs to move the units, so infantry units from St. Malo could reach the front.
You need to position some corps HQs off shore as your leader roles are suffering by not having HQs nearby. You have 60k transport being used for follow up divisions but no HQs. After your invasion, you can send 4 amphib HQs back, freeing up some transports to allow you to ship in more units. The Germans may look formidable, but they are weaker than you might think, and if you keep the interdiction going, you should be able to handle them.
RE: Comical and disturbing german beach defense
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm
by scout1
does the game auto save at any particular point ? Seems like an auto save at end of turn over a 3 turn sequence would address a lot of the requests