Page 1 of 1

Overloading aircraft

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:28 am
by slane_slith
What happens to the excess planes when you overload a carrier? I want to create a CV escort task force to escort transports between bases. I have some air groups sitting around that have 18 planes or 36 planes but the carrier can only carry 28 planes. What would happen if I put the 36 plane group on that carrier?

RE: Overloading aircraft

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 am
by Rainer
They sit on the ship but they don't execute operations (the flight deck is blocked).

RE: Overloading aircraft

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:37 am
by HansBolter
Planes can be flown off but not landed.

This how it works for the CVEs that enter with two Replenishment squadrons each equal to the capacity of the carrier.

Replacement planes can be flown off to replenish the squadrons on fighting carriers.

RE: Overloading aircraft

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:25 am
by slane_slith
Thanks guys. There went my big plan!