Page 1 of 1

May 10, 1939...

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:35 pm
by Footslogger
Here you go mates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZE438Z64vM

I'm practicing my English[;)]


RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:28 am
by wegman58
Weather can be a foe at sea. Fortunately I'm not vulnerable to seasickness as I spent time at sea.

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:46 pm
by bush
Always amazing to see ships in those situations. It seems like they would sink.

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:53 pm
by wegman58
Every once in a while, they do.

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:05 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: wegman58

Every once in a while, they do.
warspite1

Indeed! The British didn't claim a couple of Italian destroyers at the 2nd Battle of Sirte.... the sea did though [:(].

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:11 pm
by tocaff
Trying gales in tin cans are an adventure, with full bunkers.

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:27 pm
by KenchiSulla
I've encountered this weather a couple of times in the Biscay on 8000 Ton cargo vessels.. Its not as funny as it looks... (especially not with heavy cargo pushing the point of gravity down...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNiVxvupnV0

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:19 pm
by Shark7
Did anyone else happen to notice that the TF commander was mentioned...Admiral Kimmel?

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:32 pm
by rustysi
ORIGINAL: Shark7

Did anyone else happen to notice that the TF commander was mentioned...Admiral Kimmel?

Yeah, I caught that.

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:37 pm
by Jorge_Stanbury
reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rUWH8QK_js [X(]

The looove boat soon will be making another run [:D]

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:05 am
by rustysi
ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rUWH8QK_js [X(]

The looove boat soon will be making another run [:D]

Yeah, I'll bet that's the last cruise they'll book for a while.[:D]

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:42 am
by Skyland
You have to see this one (french frigate D646 in 2012)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuIO4Cyni-w

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:58 am
by Michael Vail
That brings back some memories, it's just like my first ship. I spent 4 years on DD-883.

RE: May 10, 1939...

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:33 am
by JohnDillworth
Heh.......Were those masts still around in 1942?