Page 1 of 1
server game and mods
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:33 pm
by decourcy2
Simple question, can you use a mod on a server game?
Thanks.
RE: server game and mods
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:14 pm
by marion61
I would imagine you could, as long as both players were using the mod. I use the counters mod in my games on the server too. I'm not positive tho.
RE: server game and mods
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:41 pm
by decourcy2
Ah, okay, cool. I was afraid that it was like Paradox with version checks.
RE: server game and mods
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:21 pm
by decourcy2
Next question for the perfessionals[;)]
If you have ongoing games using no mods and then install a database mod will that affect your ongoing games at all?
thanks,
Mike
RE: server game and mods
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:15 pm
by Helpless
If you have ongoing games using no mods and then install a database mod will that affect your ongoing games at all?
No, unless this is not a map text mod.
I was afraid that it was like Paradox with version checks.
In fact there is a check, but it is not enabled. We plan to make give player a warning that this is not an official version. No plans to restrict them.