Page 1 of 1

Steel Panthers WaW v4.2 Now Available!.... Please Read

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 12:06 pm
by David Heath
Hi Everyone

Even with us delaying the release and triple checking the game a bug got through. We made a little v4.2 patch it under 3 megs t correct the problem. You will still need version v4.1 installed first.

Enjoy


[This message has been edited by David Heath (edited October 02, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by David Heath (edited October 02, 2000).]

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 12:40 pm
by BomBeer
Thanks, you guys are doing a outstanding job.

BomBeer

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 12:47 pm
by RUsco
Thanks David,
You guys at Matrix are always on the ball.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 1:13 pm
by ruxius
Ehi !!!!
Let me be here to hail your new tireless
efforts , making us always more and more very special regular customers of your site !!

A very Grateful Frank !

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 2:19 pm
by Kharan
Can we get the Finnish names corrected as well? I did a correction list (32 names) a few weeks ago.

Oh and one very small thing... in online and timed play, the range (y-key) needs to be entered twice.


[This message has been edited by Kharan (edited October 02, 2000).]

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 4:45 pm
by Grisha
Amazing! Thanks for all your efforts. I am very grateful to you.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 5:08 pm
by mssmsoft
Version 4.3?
And where is this patch?
I found only 4.2

Massimo

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 6:27 pm
by renwor
Image Hi all!!! Image

Oh stupid me, now I got it!!! you mean you did little 4.2 patch to correct 4.1 right?

Damn I hate when someone posts while I write Image
[This message has been edited by renwor (edited October 02, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by renwor (edited October 02, 2000).]

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 6:31 pm
by Tankhead
Hi Everyone!

I would assume David meant to say SPWaW4.2.
Then again I may be wrong Image Thanks David.

Tankhead

------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 6:35 pm
by David Heath
Hi Guys

These late late / early morning posts are killing me <grin>. Ok there is NO v4.3 I meant to say v4.2. You MUST have downloaded version 4.1 then upgrade to version 4.2. Sorry for the mistake.

David

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 7:53 pm
by Fuerte
This has changed in 4.2:

NEW FEATURES, ENHANCEMENTS and BUG FIXES:
1. A bug was found that stop waypoints from working with some scenarios. Also if two
players were playing online with one player having fixed waypoints and one not fixed
it could cause the game to crash.
2. We replaced the Russian leader names with better ones.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 9:18 pm
by Kharan
Who should I send the corrected Finnish names to? Tom Proudfoot?

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 9:29 pm
by Tom Proudfoot
New names should be sent to David.

Tom

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 3:39 am
by Greg McCarty
4.2! Wow you folks are incredible.
So anyway, I successfully resumed my Russian
campaign under 4.1 and low and behold, those
Russians are shouting things at the Germans when they open up on them. I only know a few words in Russian, but the dialogue is
really convincing, and one shout sounds really nasty, whatever it is. This sort of thing really brings the game alive. One squad even shouted something at a passing JU87 as they opened up a volly with small arms. Now this is truely imaginative and clever!

Greg.

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 3:43 am
by rexmonday
4.2 already???

I was about 2 minutes off finishing the 4.1 update download when I thought I would have a look at the forum - hey, here comes another upgrade. Incredible.

Slow down boys, take a break, we'll cover for you.

Thanks for kicking SP into the 21st century (or is that when you do SP:MW?).

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 4:29 am
by David Roldán
Incredible. When do you sleep? When do you eat? When do you...?

I think it´s the ideal moment for closing my mouth...