Page 1 of 1

Submarine behaviour

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:23 pm
by pjcoia
I have two questions about diesel/electric submarines:

1. Regardless of Emcon settings, I find that their radars come on when they come to periscope. Basically, with a fresh scenario, this happens (so "default" behaviour). Why is this?
2. More often than with surface vessels, when given a course in the scenario editor, they sit at speed 0 regardless of depth and need manual intervention to move at cruise. Why is this? Assigned to missions the travel fine.

P

RE: Submarine behaviour

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:38 am
by Dimitris
1. Save?

2. Save?

RE: Submarine behaviour

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:59 am
by Yokes
ORIGINAL: pjcoia

1. Regardless of Emcon settings, I find that their radars come on when they come to periscope. Basically, with a fresh scenario, this happens (so "default" behaviour). Why is this?

I discovered the hard way that the default EMCOM setting for sea control patrols is radar active. I had submarines coming to periscope depth and turning on their radars. Once I changed the mission's EMCOM to radars off it went away.

Something to check out.

Yokes

RE: Submarine behaviour

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:20 am
by pjcoia
SS Duels.zip - choose Red and you'll see the submarine with a course plotted, turns to the first waypoint but remain at Full Stop


RE: Submarine behaviour

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:23 am
by pjcoia
In the same attachment, on the Blue side, there's a Narval class submarine on ASW Patrol which has its radars set to on, despite the "Obey EMCON settings" flag ticked. EMCON sets radar to passive. The whole setup is defaults: new scenario, inserted unit added to a simple patrol.

I find this to be quite common the case with conventional submarines.

Paul