Page 1 of 1

Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:21 pm
by sbradfor
I just bought this game and I'm excited to start playing it. The first thing I tried to do was load the manual from the game menu (where there is a big button that says "Manual"). Unfortunately, that button doesn't do anything.

Seems like an obvious bug. Is there a way to fix this? Did I actually get a digital manual with my digital download and if so, how can I access it and can I fix this link?

Thank you.

RE: Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:45 pm
by Erik Rutins
That link works for me - do you have anything installed that can open PDF files? If not try googling for the free Adobe PDF Reader and install that. The manuals for all our games are in PDF E-Book format.

RE: Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:51 pm
by sbradfor
I have Adobe Acrobat. That should work shouldn't it?

RE: Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:28 pm
by sbradfor
Anyone?

RE: Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:47 am
by Fishers of Men
I created a stand alone icon on my desktop for both DW Modding Manual and regular manual, using Adobe.

RE: Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:29 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hi sbradfor,

I assume this is with the latest release of Universe?

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:02 pm
by sbradfor
Yes this does apply to the latest release of Universe.

I can/did make a shortcut on my desktop. I thought the developers would like to know about this bug and I would like to know how to fix it.

RE: Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:35 am
by Erik Rutins
Ok, we found the issue. At some point after release, this was broken on the Steam build (and only the Steam build) due to a mis-named file. This is being fixed today for both the beta and non-beta Steam builds.

RE: Link to Manual on Game Menu Doesn't Work

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:04 am
by sbradfor
Great! Thanks!