Page 1 of 1

Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:03 pm
by MrDave
I'm playing #9; It's Mar '42. I have 0 PP's to my name. I have bought Noumea and changed a couple of TF commanders. What am I am missing? Is this to be expected this early in the game? The book seems to be fairly weak in explain this.
Thanks.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:52 pm
by Jim D Burns
Sounds like you have some overdue withdrawals. Check the withdrawal pages for air and naval units. You can find their buttons on the intel page. Anything that is overdue is costing you an automatic deduction each turn until they leave the map.

Jim

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:07 pm
by crsutton
Yep, got to be that you are not withdrawing units in time.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:26 am
by jwolf
ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
Anything that is overdue is costing you an automatic deduction each turn until they leave the map.

When this happens, is there some corresponding message in the operations report or some other obvious place?

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:48 am
by Jim D Burns
Not sure, I check all my withdrawals every two weeks (1st and 15th) so never have an issue. I'm sure its probably in the ops report, but whether or not it tells you anywhere else I couldn't say. Speaking of the ops report, you should check it line by line every single turn, lots of valuable stuff in there that is easy to overlook if you don't get into the habit of reading the entire thing every turn.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:42 am
by MrDave
Thanks guys. I had one AKL that was overdue by a couple of weeks and resolved that. I was thinking that the issue might be because the enemy was capturing so much territory. They even made a push on Baker and Canton. Up through Jan 41 I had about 1500 in PPs. Then they just vanished, so to speak.
Is there a recent thread on this topic? I sure don't want to start again.
But thanks for the suggestions.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:49 am
by zuluhour
Are you checking ships and a/c ?

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:39 am
by crsutton
By March 1942 I count over 60 Allied air units that needed to be withdrawn or disbanded. There is a screen just like this for ships as well. Just hit the "I" button on your toolbar.

Image

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:37 pm
by rustysi
When this happens, is there some corresponding message in the operations report or some other obvious place?

I know its reported, and IIRC it is in the Ops report.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 am
by wegman58
I know when you withdraw an air unit it is on the very bottom of the OPS report, I've been good and never had the 'overdue' message.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:57 pm
by rustysi
ORIGINAL: wegman58

I know when you withdraw an air unit it is on the very bottom of the OPS report, I've been good and never had the 'overdue' message.

I use to be, but I got burned a bit in my current game because I failed to pay attention. The unit to be withdrawn was red, not sure why. So it took a couple of days to find a base to withdraw from. So Ops report showed the loss of PP's. Hey at least I learned something. Next time I see a red withdraw/disband I'll look it up.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 am
by Itdepends
I've been caught before by units that I have disbanded that have then reformed, after their due withdrawal date.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:56 am
by pontiouspilot
What do you mean you bought Noumea?? What did that cost and why did you bother?

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:22 am
by HansBolter
ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

What do you mean you bought Noumea?? What did that cost and why did you bother?

He means he paid to transfer the command.

He either did it purely for aesthetics or to be able to transfer units from a restricted command to it.

IT cost 100 points per level of port and airbase to transfer command of a base so if you intend to do so, do not build it up before buying it out.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:45 am
by Mundy
I've found that trick useful in the Aleutians, so that Continental US air squadrons to be used up there.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:47 am
by Sauvequipeut
Noumea is just 19 hexes from Brisbane, just within Catalina range. In the early days, buying it out to Australia Command might actually work out cheaper in PP's than buying out US units from the West Coast and shipping them out to garrison it.

RE: Noob question-Politcal Points

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 pm
by pontiouspilot
ok...I get it. I wonder if it could then handle USA mines then....assuming developed to right level??