Page 1 of 1

This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:39 pm
by henri51
I have Panzer Corps (no DLCs) but for some reason never played it much. I am not sure why, perhaps other games got my attention or maybe I didn't like the "puzzle" aspect or maybe something else...I dunno. So I spent some time over the weekend watching videos of this game and of PZC to refresh my mind.I got my Steam key today so I would have the patches easily on Steam.

So PzC got my attention again (Before reviewing the rules and playthroughs I played the first scenario of the Barbarossa campaign (at Lieutenant level)without paying much attention to the rules and lost because I forgot to capture Brest...).

So my question is: should I go play some more PzC (and maybe some DLCs that are not very expensive) or should I buy and play this game? Yeah I know - do both, but I can't play two games at the same time (although contrary to what Lyndon Johnson said about President Ford I CAN think and chew gum at the same time, although I don't think as fast as I used to...)

Henri


RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:03 pm
by fsp1978
What are the kind of games you usually like to play?

OOB is a bit "deeper" than PC, but both are very nice games.

OOB: Supply (very well done), front lines, encirclements, very good deployment system with command points, nicer graphics, more turns make it less of a "puzzle game" than PC, a bit "rough", as it only came out last week, much better naval combat

PC: Very polished, tried and tested, longer campaigns, DLC with very, very good campaigns available, more mods out there (duh), allegedly it is easier moddable than OOB

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:24 pm
by henri51
LOL, it is hard to say what I prefer, since I have over 40 Steam games and about the same number of Matrix games, mostly strategy games, but some RPGs too, and even some city-buildng games and fantasy games. I usually don't like too much micro-management.I have played very few games to completion I don't remember ever completing a game of Civ or HOMM to the end (not to mention WITE,WiTW or WiTP), although I have all the variations, either because I get bored or because I move on to a new game. Although I don't mind losing at chess against humans, I hate to lose against the computer or at wargames, so I usually play at the easier levels (go figure).I NEVER play multiplayer.Since cost is not a major consideration (I bought 3 or 4 games in the last month), chances are that I will buy this game eventually anyway.If I play a game for a week, I figure I got my money's worth.

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:42 am
by VegasOZ
I own all of Panzer Corps DLC and also Order of Battle: Pacific. I would say to buy Order of Battle: Pacific first and then get the rest of the Panzer Corp DLC later. OOB:P is a very fun game, as is Panzer Corps. You should end up owning all of both.

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:02 am
by gunnergoz
I own both and stopped playing PC because it just felt too "canned" with only one or two solutions to each scenario and once you figured these out, the game got stale quickly. OB:P seems fresher and more dynamic, though it could just be that I'm biased, being infatuated with the historic subject matter and still quite smitten by the improvements in game play that OB:P provides to the basic PC-type experience.

I much prefer sandbox games where you define your own course and are not channeled into scenarios, but games in this subject area are few and far between. I'm happy with my purchase and would buy happily buy future DLC's and will of course use mods when they become available.

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:03 am
by Matto
I prefer OoB:P, but it is just subjective feeling, both games are similar and I think best is own both ...

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:01 am
by aaatoysandmore
I found Panzer Corp too easy and hope this Pacific one is much better. I already don't like some of the design scheme. But, I haven't liked it since Panzer General really.

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:44 pm
by henri51
OK, i bought the game today and played the tutorials for some hours (naval battle not yet finished). I agree that the game seems superior to Panzer Corps (somewhat less scripted and supplies modify tactics in a major way). The game is also a bit more complicated, but I see it as a major improvement on PzC.

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 pm
by zakblood
glad you liked it henri51, once completed on all difficulty levels, try some of the mods, you will like them i'm sure

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:11 pm
by FroBodine
There are mods already?!?

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:18 pm
by zakblood
tt.asp?forumid=1497
There are mods already?!?

yes

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:25 pm
by Lukas
Well only custom scenarios, right? :) Properly modding support is coming with the first patch.

RE: This game or Panzer Corps?

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:29 am
by Templer_12
This game or Panzer Corps?

The title is inappropriate.

I think the only justification to compare Panzer Corps with Order of Battle: Pacific is that very many gamers know Panzer Corps and so it is easier to show them reveal differences. From gameplay/feeling Order of Battle: Pacific differs so much, so that the question Panzer Corps or Order of Battle: Actually, is hardly legal.