Page 1 of 1

Q re new system

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:40 pm
by Siddham

I am playing DW on XP 32bit at the min and its running great
I am thinking of upgrading to Win 7 Home Premium 64bit soon

So just want to check if this will affect DW

Will it run ok?
And will I be able to import saves from my current 32 bit system?

And any suggestions etc

Thanks

RE: Q re new system

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:46 pm
by Fishers of Men
My P.C. has the 64 bit architecture and Windows 7 operating system. Distant Worlds: Universe works perfectly for me. Make sure you have all the latest support software that comes with the download installed on your computer.

As for old save game files from your 32 bit system, I can not say they will work because I did not try to run them. I just began a new game instead. Give it a try and let us know the outcome.

RE: Q re new system

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:24 pm
by Bingeling
I would be surprised if the saves won't work, but I am not sure.

As for running 64 bit, this should help in running larger galaxies. More accessible memory don't hurt at all.

RE: Q re new system

Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:24 am
by elliotg
Hi Siddham

All of that should work fine.

DW runs better on 64-bit Windows, because there's more memory available to it.

And you can load your old savegames fine on your new machine.

Thanks
Elliot

RE: Q re new system

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:43 pm
by Siddham
Excellent :)
Thank you elliot and all for replies

I have it in mind to but a new rig with an i5 and 8Gbs ram etc
It's time I upgraded from XP and my Core 2 Duo...
which has served me very well up to this...no complaints