Page 1 of 1

IADS Scenarios

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:08 pm
by Stevechase
What are some scenarios that model really good IADS?

RE: IADS Scenarios

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:42 pm
by hellfish6
I think, technically, all air defense systems on a side are integrated into an IADS. Any SAM, interceptor or AAA system can use any radar system to use for cueing. There isn't any modelling (that I've seen) for communications between systems/organizations or system compatibility.

RE: IADS Scenarios

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:14 pm
by mikmykWS
Operational Lightning Strike which comes with the game. Sides and Postures were used to model an layered IADS. I'm sure other scenario writers have done a few things here and there.

Mike

RE: IADS Scenarios

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:45 pm
by Stevechase
Hellfish6 I guess you are technically right I should have asked "what scenarios realistically model IADS". since by default all of a sides assets see and have access to all information from any one unit, but as you know in real life this is not at all the case and it makes a world of difference in how you conduct missions. But it takes some extra design steps in the scen building to replicate a real IADS. Realistic IADS as opposed to the default games Ultra Uber IADS's is so much more fun. Some designers work around this, shall we say, "Super IADS" by creating sides within a side so to speak. Seems like I remember Devs talking about future plans to make it even easier to model realistic IADS by introducing comms. I maybe mistaken on that though.

Mike yes thats one I have really enjoyed. Was just looking to see if there were any others I have not played

Thanks both of you

RE: IADS Scenarios

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:55 am
by Tomcat84
Have you tried my Red Flag 2017 scen? I like to think that it does a pretty good job. You can get it via community scen package and get more info through the link in my signature. Let me know what you think!

RE: IADS Scenarios

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:03 am
by Stevechase
I'll give it a shot

Thanks

RE: IADS Scenarios

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:38 pm
by Stevechase
Bravo Tomcat84. I am really enjoying Red Flag. I can tell you really put some time into it. Love the way the red airforce quickly goes after your Elint and AEW assets when they determine your Barcap is lacking. Assuming you made that way because everytime I have let my guard down with Barcap, the reds quickly launch a strike against all my unprotected airborne support assets. Haven't cracked this scen open yet in the editor (want to play through a few more times without peeking behind the curtain) but can't wait to see how you made some of these things work so well.

RE: IADS Scenarios

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:29 pm
by Tomcat84
Glad you like it!

I think indeed there is a mission to target your HVAAs, it's triggered by something but don't remember any more what exactly.
Think I also put in a trigger to have the other enemy CAPs go offensive if you don't do anything offensive yourself for too long.

Let me know how it goes!