Page 1 of 1

Any good?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:34 pm
by bujler
Pretty much as the title says, really,

I quite enjoyed Harpoon, and would like something similar.


RE: Any good?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:45 pm
by chrisol
Extraordinarily good, imho... and I've barely scratched the surface (I'm not from a military/naval background at all)

A spiritual successor to Harpoon with incredible detail to air, sea, and under-the-sea combat (land... not so much but they make no pretence to do so). A massive database (2 really) of post-WW2 assets and an interface that takes a little bit of work but is surprisingly user friendly when you are familiar with it.

Oh - and a sandbox/scenario creator that seems both flexible and easy.

And a large number of scenarios with it (about 120 or so I think, many created by users of various complexity, size, theatre and time period).

Best thing to do though would be to check out Baloogan's videos of the game (here) and read the New Player FAQs.

It's come a long way since release, and at release it was astounding.

So, err.... "yes"

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:49 pm
by chrisol
(but no fancy 3-D graphics)

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:52 pm
by bujler
Balls. That means I'm going to have to buy it, then.

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:27 pm
by Tomcat84
What he said. I would definitely get it at this 50% off price while you can if you enjoyed Harpoon.

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:34 pm
by AdmiralSteve
If you understood and accepted the GUI and the concept of Harpoon, you'll fit right in to the CMANO crowd.
Expect though,
1)you'll have a permanent smile etched onto your face.
2)you'll have to miss weddings, anniversaries, funerals, surgeries, work etc. because their isn't enough time for CMANO and lifes responsibilities.
3)you'll reference yourself as "Admiral bujler" to your family and friends (notice my screen name).
4)you'll dissect every naval engagement from WWII on up to present day and say, "what were they thinking?"
and finally,
5)you'll wonder why anything else held any priority in your life.

Have fun.

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:44 pm
by tmammela
This is very good, still some bugs but is updated regularly and has already come long way from the 1.00. Get it!

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:57 pm
by daft
How good? I held a fake strike briefing in the shower just prior to booting the game up for the first time today to play the Down Town scenario. Silly as hell, I know, but I thought it was a good way to lay out the plan for myself before getting into the game. Relevant in this case is that I'm 38 and life with my girlfriend and 10 yo son. They both think I'm crazy. And I am. About CMANO. :)

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:18 am
by Casinn
If you liked Harpoon even a little bit, you'll love this.
Community scenario creators are fantastic as well, so always something new to play around with if making your own scenario isn't your thing. 260some scenarios in the download pack as well as a scenario forum here with a bunch to test.

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:49 am
by bujler
Bought (from Matrix, so £27.99), installed, played, confused, enjoyed.

Playing "Stand Up", quite enjoyable so far.

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:00 am
by daft
ORIGINAL: bujler

Bought (from Matrix, so £27.99), installed, played, confused, enjoyed.

Playing "Stand Up", quite enjoyable so far.

If you haven't seen them already, Baloogan has some great tutorials up on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/baloogan

RE: Any good?

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:20 am
by Zaslon
Very useful. Thanks.


RE: Any good?

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:47 am
by OnFire
Any good?

VERY good!

CMANO is worth every cent, no other game so far has this much replay value for me.

RE: Any good?

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 pm
by charlee22009
CMANO is more than a game, imho. It is some special software that has real application.