Page 1 of 1

Aircraft Operation questions

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:48 pm
by Tarawa565
Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot here (very likely) but I can't seem to get this to work.

I've set up F-35s on a BARCAP with a prosecution zone further out. But, they aren't turning to engage even when aircraft are closing on them through the prosecution zone.

I've attached a savegame.

Another thing that I can't figure out: is there a way to set up air intercept missions so that you only launch a flight of 2 a/c for every hostile group? If I have a carrier, can I get it so that if I allocate 10 F-18s to air intercept and have 3 inbound groups, the carrier launches 3 flights of 2 at each group while the remaining 4 hang back until more contacts show up inbound?

Thanks a bunch for the help!


RE: Aircraft Operation questions

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:57 pm
by Tomcat84
ORIGINAL: Tarawa565

Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot here (very likely) but I can't seem to get this to work.

I've set up F-35s on a BARCAP with a prosecution zone further out. But, they aren't turning to engage even when aircraft are closing on them through the prosecution zone.

I've attached a savegame.

When using prosecution areas that are beyond the patrol area you should also tick the "engage targets outside patrol area" checkbox. Otherwise they will literally only engage in the patrol area.

ORIGINAL: Tarawa565

Another thing that I can't figure out: is there a way to set up air intercept missions so that you only launch a flight of 2 a/c for every hostile group? If I have a carrier, can I get it so that if I allocate 10 F-18s to air intercept and have 3 inbound groups, the carrier launches 3 flights of 2 at each group while the remaining 4 hang back until more contacts show up inbound?

As a scenario designer, you could script it for an AI side with events and triggers etc. As a human being playing a scenario, there is not really a pre set way to set this up (I think), other than to create missions as they go. Or manually direct your forces. I could be wrong though.

But it's not a bad idea, might be useful but it would have to make sense UI wise to set it up and not overly complicate things

RE: Aircraft Operation questions

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:54 pm
by Tarawa565
Gotcha. That makes sense now!

Yeah, I'm a big fan of setting up missions at the start and then just letting the sim run. I use Command as a learning tool a lot so I like to see the AI versus AI behavior. Maybe something to look forward to in a later update!

RE: Aircraft Operation questions

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:35 pm
by ComDev
Yeah the 'limit the number of platforms investigating a contact' is already high on our to-do list [8D]