Page 1 of 10

OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:27 pm
by geofflambert
What are you doing here? No young whippersnappers here. Just old guys. Now get outta here.

First, before I get started, did you know the Gerald R. Ford will have electromagnetic catapults, not steam? What'll they think of next?

Anyways, this thread is about past crushes. My main intent is to mention lesser known ladies as opposed to the better known ones like Sophia Loren. She is the most beautiful babe that ever walked this planet and will continue to be that among living babes until she turns to ashes or is underground. At that time Halle Berry takes over. Oh there I go mentioning the better known ones. Here's my initial list:

Loretta Young
That French chick in Hell and High Water
Senta Berger
That French chick in The Longest Day
I know, I know, French chicks don't shave their underarms, but still...
Barbara Hershey Don't you dare bring up the Barbara Hershey film that shall not be mentioned that has the initials B. B.
Janet Margolin
Susan Dey
Peggy Lipton
Is everyone aware that they're bringing Twin Peaks back with the original cast? The horror. I was a huge Eraserhead fan 'cause I couldn't stop laughing.
Diahann Carroll
Karen Valentine was kinda cute, kinda.
Don't care what you think, I liked looking at Dinah Shore.
Barbara Feldon
Dianna Rigg
You know, back in the day (no pun intended) Susan Day George was kinda hot. Don't know if I'd say that today.
Suzanne Pleshette
Gina Lollabrigida
Jenny Agutter
Oh, and if you put a sock in her mouth (squeak squeak squeak) Kate Jackson was definitely the hottest Angel. I didn't really mean that about the sock, I just think she should be as circumspect as possible.
Shirley Jones
Back to voices, here's some really great ones paired with very good looks (Ava Gardner of course):
Rachel Ward (the accent too slays me)
Jason Sehorn's wife
Suzanne's is pretty good.
Mercedes McCambridge and Barbara Bel Geddes had good voices but weren't so pretty.
Judy Garland's voice was unbelievable
Kate Hepburn and Lauren Bacall.
edit: end of great voices.
Sally Field, I know, sickly sweet, but in "The End" with Burt Reynolds, I just could not figure out why he wanted to kill himself.

And finally Mary Ann, not Ginger.

Don't post about how stupid my mentions are, I'm a gorn after all. Who did I forget?

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:35 pm
by HansBolter
Meredith Baxter Birney

Image

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:38 pm
by geofflambert
I'll second that. Only problem with her was she is a mummy. She took forever before she started aging.

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 pm
by dave sindel
Anne Francis ( Honey West )

Tippi Hedren ( The Birds)

Linda Ronstadt

Grace Slick

Michael Corleone's Italian wife - Apollonia

The French Chick in The Davinci Code

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:57 pm
by Trugrit

Angie Dickinson



Image

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:57 pm
by geofflambert
I'll give you Linda Ronstadt, I am totally in a crush with her. Her voice was the closest thing to Judy Garland's I ever heard. The Parkinson's is so sad. I revere her voice. What range. Genre didn't matter, she'd blow your socks off. I'm in a very blue bayou.

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:58 pm
by geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Trugrit


Angie Dickinson



Image

Bad girl for those who like bad girls.

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:03 pm
by dave sindel
Barbara Perkins and Leigh Taylor-Young from the Peyton Place TV Series... I was in my early teens when that show was on and had many a boyhood fantasy about those two..

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:04 pm
by dave sindel
Agreed about Linda Ronstadt's voice. Rock, blues, country, she could sing it all.

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:05 pm
by geofflambert
Together at the same time, or apart?

I forgot one. Lesley Anne Down. Ouch. Major ouch.

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:37 pm
by Zorch
ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Together at the same time, or apart?

I forgot one. Lesley Anne Down. Ouch. Major ouch.
You guys should take this to the Australian Beauties thread. [:D][:D]

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:39 pm
by geofflambert
Nicht sprechen Aussie. What did you say? [&:]

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:46 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Together at the same time, or apart?

I forgot one. Lesley Anne Down. Ouch. Major ouch.
You guys should take this to the Australian Beauties thread. [:D][:D]
warspite1

No - that would involve some people lowering themselves to visit the General Discussion forum [;)]

Anyway, back to this thread. No intention of "posting how stupid your mentions are", we have an unwritten rule in the Australian Beauties thread not to do that (with the exception of the distinctly masculine looking specimens that SLAAKMAN used to post [:D]). However, I would say there are two fundamental problems with your idea:

1. How do you define "lesser known ladies"
2. In the list of "Lesser known ladies" how in the name of Bonaparte's Balls can you include:

Judy Garland
Kate Hepburn
Lauren Bacall
Sally Field
Diana Rigg
Gina Lollabrigida
Jenny Agutter
or
Shirley Jones?

How internationally well known do you need to be before being classed as lesser known??

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:01 pm
by Zorch
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Together at the same time, or apart?

I forgot one. Lesley Anne Down. Ouch. Major ouch.
You guys should take this to the Australian Beauties thread. [:D][:D]
warspite1

No - that would involve some people lowering themselves to visit the General Discussion forum [;)]
Speaking of lowering themselves...what is the penalty for cross-thread posting?

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:01 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch



You guys should take this to the Australian Beauties thread. [:D][:D]
warspite1

No - that would involve some people lowering themselves to visit the General Discussion forum [;)]
Speaking of lowering themselves...what is the penalty for cross-thread posting?
warspite1

Is that like cross-dressing?

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:03 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch



You guys should take this to the Australian Beauties thread. [:D][:D]
warspite1

No - that would involve some people lowering themselves to visit the General Discussion forum [;)]
Speaking of lowering themselves...what is the penalty for cross-thread posting?
warspite1

Do you mean like using this idea in the AB thread?

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:05 pm
by Zorch
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: warspite1


warspite1

No - that would involve some people lowering themselves to visit the General Discussion forum [;)]
Speaking of lowering themselves...what is the penalty for cross-thread posting?
warspite1

Do you mean like using this idea in the AB thread?
The Pluto thread has achieved cross-over. Implosion of AB thread is imminent.

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:11 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch



Speaking of lowering themselves...what is the penalty for cross-thread posting?
warspite1

Do you mean like using this idea in the AB thread?
The Pluto thread has achieved cross-over. Implosion of AB thread is imminent.
warspite1

Implosion? The Australian Beauties thread? No sir that would never happen. Indeed should there ever be a nuclear holocaust there are just two things that will survive; the cockroach and the Australian Beauties thread [:)]

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:18 pm
by jcjordan
Barbara Eden - then as well as now

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:22 pm
by Zorch
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: warspite1


warspite1

Do you mean like using this idea in the AB thread?
The Pluto thread has achieved cross-over. Implosion of AB thread is imminent.
warspite1

Implosion? The Australian Beauties thread? No sir that would never happen. Indeed should there ever be a nuclear holocaust there are just two things that will survive; the cockroach and the Australian Beauties thread [:)]
I sincerely hope you are correct; however today being the 70th anniversary of ...


Image