Page 1 of 3
Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:17 pm
by Jeff Norton
Once I got it installed (and installed without the M$ snoop-features enabled - pay attention to the setup screens), its pretty robust, and works pretty well.
Did not have to reinstall TOAW - its working native from its Win7 install. No issues noted
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:35 pm
by sPzAbt653
You are too close to Aberdeen, the constant pounding has made you soft !
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:49 pm
by Jeff Norton
+1
At least I don't live in Aberdeen..... I'd have an M113 if I did. And, clear fields of fire...
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:02 am
by SMK-at-work
I have received an "Error Code 2" after upgrading to Win 10 - "There is an error with your serial number as entered" - this is for the 3XBb exe - which I do understand isn't actually a Matrix supported version?? The latest 3.4 patch seems to work fine.
ETA: I've tried reinstalling the 3.4.1.9 patch - which was successful, and then extracting the 3XBb files into the folder....no joy
Also does anyone know how to stop Win 10 asking if I should allow the "app" to make alterations to my hard drive?? I can't find anythign online about that "feature" [:@]
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:39 am
by Freyr Oakenshield
I have received an "Error Code 2" after upgrading to Win 10 - "There is an error with your serial number as entered" - this is for the 3XBb exe
I've tested it and I'm getting no error messages.
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:11 pm
by shunwick
The latest patch is all you need. 3XBb is obsolete.
Best wishes,
Steve
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:38 pm
by Freyr Oakenshield
ORIGINAL: shunwick
The latest patch is all you need. 3XBb is obsolete.
Best wishes,
Steve
You still need it if you started a game with it.
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:22 pm
by SMK-at-work
Yeah - I have 3 games going with it so I'd quite like to fix the problem if I can figure it out :/
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:41 pm
by Meyer1
ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work
Yeah - I have 3 games going with it so I'd quite like to fix the problem if I can figure it out :/
I would try a reinstall from scratch, the game plus latest patch, then put the 3XBb exe and see if works.
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:47 pm
by shunwick
ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield
ORIGINAL: shunwick
The latest patch is all you need. 3XBb is obsolete.
Best wishes,
Steve
You still need it if you started a game with it.
Yes, I forgot about that. Soon to be obsolete might be a better description.
Best wishes,
Steve
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:07 am
by SMK-at-work
Is the latest patch not a complete reinstall? It asks for the serial number.......
I'll go back to the origin then

RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:14 am
by Meyer1
ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work
Is the latest patch not a complete reinstall? It asks for the serial number.......
I'll go back to the origin then
It's comprehensive, but I meant to delete everything in the folder (back up) and install it again, could be a conflict with older files. Also you could try a compatibility mode for the 3xBb exe.
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:25 am
by SMK-at-work
Thanks Meyer - tried compatibility mode at your suggestion but it doesn't make any difference.
I've mailed Matrix to ask for a reinstall.....
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:49 am
by Curtis Lemay
The patch is comprehensive but is not a stand-alone program. You must have a TOAW III installation first. You then update that installation.
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:06 pm
by Meyer1
ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work
Thanks Meyer - tried compatibility mode at your suggestion but it doesn't make any difference.
I've mailed Matrix to ask for a reinstall.....
So, how did it go?
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:54 pm
by SMK-at-work
Haven't heard back yet and am starting new games with 3.4.1.9 [8|]
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:54 pm
by SMK-at-work
I have received the install download but it will be a couple of days before I can spend 20 minutes at the computer to check everything out.
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:59 pm
by SMK-at-work
Unfortunately nothing worked - I uninstalled and deleted everything, reinstalled TOAW to 3.1.0.9 (as supplied by Matrix, thanks Joe), then recopied 3XBb - but got the same error, and upgrading to 3.4.1.9 didn't change it.
all my opponents have kindly agreed to restart new games with 3.4.1.9 tho, so all is not lost - thanks guys

RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:22 pm
by Meyer1
Sorry man, don't have W10 so can't try to see if works on my PC. There some thing to do, if you could install it again (don't know how this downloading buy thing works), you could mount a virtual machine with windows 7 or XP or whatever you were using before, and play it there. In fact, I do that on my Ubuntu OS, with XP; and have to say that the game runs faster than over native Windows 7.
RE: Windows 10 - anybody playing on this yet?
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:48 am
by shunwick
I had problems running it on Vista. I had to create a shortcut, set compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Run as Administrator before it would work. Have no idea if this will work with Windows 10.
Best wishes,
Steve