lobby issues, connection issues and more
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:13 am
well I bought GWTC after almost a year of waiting for all the bugs and stuff to be ironed out. I have a brand new PC with windows 8.1 64 bit.
I don't know what to say really....what a damn disappointment...not with the game per say...haven't had time yet to give it a good go...I spent the day trying to connect to the damn multiplayer lobby. what a joke. still theres connection issues and no one around to play on it.
1st off I tried to join a game with a player and we had lobby freezes when I joined his game. he hosted. the message that comes up was connecting to your opponent and then we would hear...connection established..but the lobby would freeze there and we would have to control..alt ..delete out.
we tried this a few times then I turned off my firewall. now im led to believe from other posts that my windows firewall should have nothing to do with connecting to a game thru this type of lobby. am I right??? well after I shut off my windows firewall, were able to connect and start a game.
we played a battle for about 5 minutes ..then the game crashed on my end with ...close combat engine executable has stopped working... error message. so we lobbied up again and were able to connect [ my firewall still being off ] and play again for a few minutes till my opponent had to leave abruptly.
there was no else in the lobby to try to connect with at that point. [ cant figure out why the lobby nots full of CC players??????? }
a few hours later I contacted my buddy RD Knights by e mail and we hooked up to try the lobby again. Knights told me and I read on the forums that there has been lobby issues. they haven't gone away since the game came out apparently ;-(
so were in the lobby, my firewall is back on, he hosts...we have the same issue as earlier...connecting to your opponent message comes up...we hear connection established.. but the lobby freezes. we have to use...control ..alt..delete ...to get out of the game/lobby!
I turn my firewall off and we try again. we are able to connect, but when we go to hit next from the command screen after he has selected the battle and sides etc the command screen is frozen...none of the buttons work..IE: next, exit, etc. we have to control alt delete again.
we try it again and are able to play a few battles with no game issues.
we drop out to try to connect with my firewall ON and have lobby / connection issues again. turn firewall off and we get to the command screen and have it freeze... buttons freeze.
at that point we gave up in disgust. Knights had to go and no one else was in the lobby for me to try and figure out some of this crap / stuff. I still am not sure whats up with the whole issue...weather my firewall is an issue or its just that damn lobby....was / is the lobby acting up????
what a disappointment. unbelievable really. I paid good money for this game only to be let down once again.
so whats going on? steve? any ideas here? why am I having issues? are you guys going to fix the lobby so it actually works like its supposed to?
we asked for you guys not to take away TCP. you promised the lobby would work..........
I don't know what to say really....what a damn disappointment...not with the game per say...haven't had time yet to give it a good go...I spent the day trying to connect to the damn multiplayer lobby. what a joke. still theres connection issues and no one around to play on it.
1st off I tried to join a game with a player and we had lobby freezes when I joined his game. he hosted. the message that comes up was connecting to your opponent and then we would hear...connection established..but the lobby would freeze there and we would have to control..alt ..delete out.
we tried this a few times then I turned off my firewall. now im led to believe from other posts that my windows firewall should have nothing to do with connecting to a game thru this type of lobby. am I right??? well after I shut off my windows firewall, were able to connect and start a game.
we played a battle for about 5 minutes ..then the game crashed on my end with ...close combat engine executable has stopped working... error message. so we lobbied up again and were able to connect [ my firewall still being off ] and play again for a few minutes till my opponent had to leave abruptly.
there was no else in the lobby to try to connect with at that point. [ cant figure out why the lobby nots full of CC players??????? }
a few hours later I contacted my buddy RD Knights by e mail and we hooked up to try the lobby again. Knights told me and I read on the forums that there has been lobby issues. they haven't gone away since the game came out apparently ;-(
so were in the lobby, my firewall is back on, he hosts...we have the same issue as earlier...connecting to your opponent message comes up...we hear connection established.. but the lobby freezes. we have to use...control ..alt..delete ...to get out of the game/lobby!
I turn my firewall off and we try again. we are able to connect, but when we go to hit next from the command screen after he has selected the battle and sides etc the command screen is frozen...none of the buttons work..IE: next, exit, etc. we have to control alt delete again.
we try it again and are able to play a few battles with no game issues.
we drop out to try to connect with my firewall ON and have lobby / connection issues again. turn firewall off and we get to the command screen and have it freeze... buttons freeze.
at that point we gave up in disgust. Knights had to go and no one else was in the lobby for me to try and figure out some of this crap / stuff. I still am not sure whats up with the whole issue...weather my firewall is an issue or its just that damn lobby....was / is the lobby acting up????
what a disappointment. unbelievable really. I paid good money for this game only to be let down once again.
so whats going on? steve? any ideas here? why am I having issues? are you guys going to fix the lobby so it actually works like its supposed to?
we asked for you guys not to take away TCP. you promised the lobby would work..........