Page 1 of 1

Coming Soon - New Campaign - Utah to the Rhine

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 1:49 am
by Wild Bill
If you eat razor blades for breakfast, and feel like Sgt Rock when it comse to SPWAW, you'll want to try the upcoming Utah to the Rhine. I promise you this one will separate the men from the boys.

I'm sure one or two will breeze through it but that will not be the standard experience.

It is the most thoroughly tested campaign I have every done. 7 volunteers from this forum, Wiliam Rusco, Randy Casebier, Tombstone, John Keenan, Rick Case, Justin Taylor and Jim Raasch have been testing for two weeks now.

Yrjö Hakkarainen and Steve Wang came in late and they are testing it. Good old Tankhead and Klaus Mueller Buschbaum are also testing it.

About one-half of this number have finished.

I've incorporated dozens of suggestions and corrections from these guys. They did great!

As a result it should play well and it will be hard.

You will move from Utah beach inland (over a time period of nine months) until you reach the Ruhr (hopefully). It includes a minimum of 13 battls and a maximum of 22, depending on how well you do. No one has gotten a final decisive victory. Maybe you'll be the first Image

We'll soon find out, won't we? Image

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:02 am
by David Roldán
It´s the longest wait.

When do you think that it will be ready?

Suerte Salvaje....

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:22 am
by David Roldán
Hello again

Is the campaign inspirated in "Utah to the Rhine" for SPIII?

I write this because that campaign was excellent. I enjoy it. A lot.

I suposse that I must climb to the turret of a Sherman again. Resignation.

Cita Anonima (Atribuida a Franco, en la batalla del Ebro);
-¡Pero es un suicidio señor!
- Estupendo, andamos cortos de comida...


Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:54 am
by RUsco
If everyone has half the fun playing "Utah to the Rhine" as I did testing, it will be well worth the efforts of all involved.

Thanks a million,Wild Bill

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 7:35 am
by Tankhead
Hi All!

Don't you love this campaign it's awesome.
This one and Heroes of the mother land are my favorite. Image A job well done Wild Bill. You deserve the award of exellence Image

Tankhead

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:11 am
by crazyivan
hi guys wear do you get it from i'm dying to play this one Image

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:19 am
by Leibstandarte
As far as I know Ivan this particular campaign hasn't been released yet. But when it is released I'm sure you can get it from any of these excellent sites: http://www.thegamers.net/scenarios/index.html
http://tankhead.home.icq.com/
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm



------------------
Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:36 am
by Tombstone
It's real good.

Tomo

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 9:12 am
by Wild Bill
Gentlemen, and Caballeros!

The campaign will be included in the 4.3 patch and I will also post it tonight in the Depot.

Yes, David, it is based on that one I did in SP3, but much bigger, longer and with a number of battles that were not in the first one.

Enjoy, fellas.

Hey testers, it was fun, wasn't it? Ready for another soon?

Thanks for your interest!
Mil gracias, companeros de guerra!

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 9:37 am
by Tankhead
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Gentlemen, and Caballeros!
The campaign will be included in the 4.3 patch and I will also post it tonight in the Depot.
Yes, David, it is based on that one I did in SP3, but much bigger, longer and with a number of battles that were not in the first one.
Enjoy, fellas.
Hey testers, it was fun, wasn't it? Ready for another soon?
Thanks for your interest!
Mil gracias, companeros de guerra!
Wild Bill
Yeah lots of fun WB. Now I'm back in the groove of thing send it over ready for more. Image

Tankhead



------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 9:47 am
by Wild Bill
Its at the depot now...WB

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games