Page 1 of 1
Infantry Strength multiliper, % Day?
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:45 pm
by davidss
Hi Steve,
1.what is the effect of values for Infantry Strength multiliper, % Day?
Thanks
2.I see in the workbook these cells have a whole number and two decimal places (1.00) ... will the game read a "1", or does is require "1.00"
Thanks

RE: Infantry Strength multiliper, % Day?
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:13 pm
by SteveMcClaire
davidss,
The infantry and tank strength % multipliers reduce the force pool by a certain percentage to reflect historical losses/strength over the course of the campaign. So if the FP should include 30 rifle teams and the infantry strength multiplier is 0.80 it will in fact have 24 rifle teams. Note that the difficulty setting also influences how many teams you get, so this strength % is not the only factor.
The game expects a floating point number but I think the function being used (it's a library routine, not one I have the source code for) will parse "1" as well as "1.00." I honestly haven't tried it.
Steve
RE: Infantry Strength multiliper, % Day?
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:19 pm
by davidss
hey Steve, thanks for ur explanation :)I understand this now.
I'm working on something that is using "1" ... maybe I'll change it "1.00" to be safe
RE: Infantry Strength multiliper, % Day?
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:13 pm
by davidss
gave it a try. if you put 1.00 ... excel changes it to a 1
RE: Infantry Strength multiliper, % Day?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:09 pm
by SteveMcClaire
I think Excel needs to be told it (via format cell) how many decimal places to show. That said, I suspect "1" will be fine.
Steve
RE: Infantry Strength multiliper, % Day?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:27 pm
by davidss
Thanks Steve,
I power my way through ignorance with determination ... since I know little about computer stuff.
I appreciate getting help though
