Page 1 of 1
How to backup saves in Megacam...
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:15 am
by Jompa
How do I backup the saves in Lost Victories (beginning to get tired of starting all over when something with the game or my comp screws up

.
Is it just to make a copy of the save-folder in the MegaCam directory?
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:26 am
by Jim1954
What I did was make another folder that I called megacampaign saves and put it elsewhere, like a temp directory. Open up the save folder in megacampaigns, notice that it is a different folder than the 7.1 saves btw, and copy what you see there into the temp folder saves, 3 files, xxx.cam, xxx.rec. and xxx.sav for each, where xxx is whatever you named your saves. I set up one for each MC.
The reason I set it up outside of the main SPWaW folder was in case it hosed and I had to re-install.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:45 pm
by Jackk
I made a folder inside my save folder and used a quick batch file to do my saves. I like Jim's idea better of having the folder outside of the main one.
Still, the batch file lets me exit the game, hit one icon, and the save is done.
I forgot the commands to do extra saves....meaning the ren file command (lol)....but I always have at lest one backup incase the game crashes or so the save gets corrupted.