Page 1 of 1

[FIXED B748] Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:29 am
by xenophanes
Hi,

I started Shamal in B746 with enabled day/night lighting. The night overlay "overrides" all other overlays everywhere where it's dark/night. Changing position just a little bit to the west or a bit more to the east remedies the problem, as does disabling the day/night overlay.

Image

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:57 am
by ComDev
Not entirely sure I understood what the problem is...?

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:14 am
by xenophanes
Hi emsoy,

since the Borders/Coastlines and the BMNG layer are enabled, they should be visible on the map, even if day/night lighting is enabled. As you can see in the above image, the map is entirely black. Enabling or disabling any layer does not help, only disabling day/night lighting.

I attached a sceenshot of the same view with day/night lighting disabled.

Image

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:59 am
by mikmykWS
I've added this to our list. Could be a refresh issue at a particular zoom level.

Mike

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:01 am
by DeSade
I can confirm, here is a save

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:08 am
by thewood1
I see it also, but it is so minor that I never bothered reporting it. It fixes itself after a bit or a simple zoom out one notch and then zoom back in fixes it.

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:25 am
by xenophanes
ORIGINAL: thewood1

I see it also, but it is so minor that I never bothered reporting it. It fixes itself after a bit or a simple zoom out one notch and then zoom back in fixes it.

First I thought so too, but in this very case, no amount of zooming or moving the camera fixes the glitch - if you want to look at a specific patch of land, the only option is to turn off day/night lighting.

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:42 am
by mikmykWS
Regardless we'll take a look. Thanks guys!

Mike

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:55 am
by xenophanes
Thanks!

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:21 pm
by JPFisher55
This is what confused me when day/night shading was introduced. I, also, never reported it because one change in zoom fixed it. But when I saw the new night shading, I thought this minor bug was permanent.

RE: Day/night lighting causing everything to be black

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:58 am
by Dimitris
Fixed in Build 748.