Page 1 of 1
Admiral Mikawa MIA?
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:09 am
by Michael Walker
Has anyone seen Mikawa show up? In none of the games I've played, more than 1/2 a dozen including those in progress, I've never seen him available.
Mike
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:22 am
by Drongo
In the scenarios I've seen, Mikawa is a HQ leader (8th Fleet?).
Mikawa
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:47 pm
by Michael Walker
Shouldn't he be available to actually command ships? I still haven't seen him, but would very much like to use a leader with ratings as good as his.
Mike
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:07 pm
by pasternakski
Naw, Mike, he's got to sit there in his office and shuffle paper for 8th Fleet HQ, which, as far as I can tell, does absolutely nothing but provide 60 ground unit support points.
I know that air and ground HQs have an effect on play, but why is there nothing beneficial about naval HQs?
Mikawa
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:18 pm
by Michael Walker
Yeah, but isn't this guy supposed to be an active commander? Afterall, he did contribute rather enormously at 1st Savo.
Mike
Re: Mikawa
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:58 pm
by pasternakski
Originally posted by Michael Walker
Yeah, but isn't this guy supposed to be an active commander? Afterall, he did contribute rather enormously at 1st Savo.
Mike
Couldn't agree with you more. I have the same problem with Ballsy for the Allies, who shows up in charge of 3rd Fleet without sea legs.