Operation Torch?
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:34 pm
Hi All,
I'm sure someone will put me straight on this or point me to previous threads about it [:)]
I don't see any scenario on this expansion covering the actual invasion of North Africa by the U.S. i.e. Operation Torch?
From what I can see the earliest North African scenario starts on 10 November 1942 with allied troops controlling much of the territory outside Libya and Tunisia.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the variety of the new scenarios and I'm sure there are good reasons why the actual invasion might be a bit of a non-event from a wargaming perspective. It just seems a bit bizarre that the expansion is called Operation Torch and doesn't include the actual invasion which started on 8 November....
I'm sure someone will put me straight on this or point me to previous threads about it [:)]
I don't see any scenario on this expansion covering the actual invasion of North Africa by the U.S. i.e. Operation Torch?
From what I can see the earliest North African scenario starts on 10 November 1942 with allied troops controlling much of the territory outside Libya and Tunisia.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the variety of the new scenarios and I'm sure there are good reasons why the actual invasion might be a bit of a non-event from a wargaming perspective. It just seems a bit bizarre that the expansion is called Operation Torch and doesn't include the actual invasion which started on 8 November....
